Groove Music issue on W10 Mobile

anon(8567512)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Since upgrading last week to Windows 10 Mobile (most recent release) I have had some issues, some of which were solved by a hard reset, some of which are likely to get ironed out in future releases. The one I am wondering about atm is that Groove music will only save music in now playing for a few minutes and then I have to manually open the app again and search and select what I was listening to. If I pause the song to answer a call, I can usually get the song back right after the call. If I am off the app for more than 5-10 minutes, the app resets and nothing shows up in now playing. Anyone else having this issue? Is it a common issue? Or am I one of the few facing it?

Thanks.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue with groove on Lumia 640 with build 10512. I'm hoping that this is a bug that will be fixed soon.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I think it's kinda planned to be that way. The same goes for copied text in the clipboard - you copy something and it stays in the clipboard for like 5 minutes or so. If you don't use it in those 5 mins, it just disappears. It's the same as on 8.1 as far as I remember. Suggest on the Feedback app that they change it, if you really don't like it that much.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it's kinda planned to be that way. The same goes for copied text in the clipboard - you copy something and it stays in the clipboard for like 5 minutes or so. If you don't use it in those 5 mins, it just disappears. It's the same as on 8.1 as far as I remember. Suggest on the Feedback app that they change it, if you really don't like it that much.

Don't know about copied text, but in WP8.1 you could pause your music, come back a day later and continue where you left off. Only if you used another app, the uses the music api (like Metrotube or Videos), then you would have to go to the music app and press play there. Otherwise the music would stay in the now playing for as long as the phone is on. In WP10 it dissapears quite fast

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't know about copied text, but in WP8.1 you could pause your music, come back a day later and continue where you left off. Only if you used another app, the uses the music api (like Metrotube or Videos), then you would have to go to the music app and press play there. Otherwise the music would stay in the now playing for as long as the phone is on. In WP10 it dissapears quite fast

Yes, you are right.

I remember that the music app always kept your last play in Playing Now.

Same for the podcasts app. A podcast that you were in the middle of on Friday, would be there on Monday as the last playing podcast.

anon(8567512)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Glad to know it isn't just me. I will assume it will be fixed (did send it as a bug in the feedback app) since Groove Music on W10 does keep things in now playing indefinitely.

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
everyone is correct on their comments from what I've noticed and yes it should stay (it's making my album listening start to finish a nightmare), just wanted to throw out there something interesting is that even if the music now playing is empty, on my car's Bluetooth it does show the song title that should be playing so it must still be stored somewhere even though it's not displaying in the app.
tons of issues playing music, it rarely ever resumes after turning car off and back on, I'm constantly closing the app with the X and reopening and playing recent to pick up where I left off even if the song is kept in now playing, it just doesn't resume with the play button or auto like it should. quite annoying!

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that if I stop the music from the phone's screen (i.e. the pause button) the music stays ready to play for longer than if I use my headset's pause button to pause the music. The headset's button acts like a stop action and the playlist is gone.

Whilst I'm at it I can hardly even download music with Xbox music pass onto the device, usually it has a money value rather than download option and playlists still aren't available.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I think it's kinda planned to be that way.

I don't think that this is by design. I think that it is a bug in the groove music app. The podcast app on wp10 works the same as it did on 8.1 - your last played podcast will stay in the media controls until you restart your phone or something else is played.

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that this is by design. I think that it is a bug in the groove music app. The podcast app on wp10 works the same as it did on 8.1 - your last played podcast will stay in the media controls until you restart your phone or something else is played.

That's because the podcast app isn't a W10 app. It's definitely by design, and a dumb one at that. If they would just give us a stop button instead of timing out after a few minutes when paused (or give the option for a timeout) everyone would be happy.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
That's because the podcast app isn't a W10 app. It's definitely by design, and a dumb one at that.

Oh, that sucks. I remember s lot of people complaining about the fact that the last played media would stay in the queue indefinitely on wp8. There was even an app called Stop The Music or something like that which was supposed to solve the 'problem'. I never understood why this was a problem for people and I will be really disappointed if this is how media works on all wp10 apps.

JSax1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
It's certainly a pain. I noticed it at the office a few weeks back when I paused the album that I was listening to to take a call. When I went to listen to it again, I had to start all over and dig for the song that I was on. I hope that this is changed soon.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This is something I found really annoying too. And as for other apps using the APIs causing this as well, shouldn't it not really affect the music app?
It is all very annoying, but I suppose those who complain endlessly get their voices heard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism