Corrupt pictures :(

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to resolve corrupt pictures..... I took pictures that I reviewed on the previewer in lumia camera. I get home and they are corrupt very sad but I understand that it is a cost to use beta win10 but I got the executive experience at the Atl Game today and wanted the memories for my son and I. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am thinking about rolling back to windows 8.1 just because of this on my 640xl that has been fine so far. Besides my keyboard being shifted now as well.

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I usually always check with the lumia review icon after taking a picture. I got home and copied everything and when tried to open on pc as well I got (this type of file is not support .jpg). I can't format the sd card either on desktop or phone, or windows 8.1. I just rolled back to update again to see if this fixes issue if not I will roll back to 8.1.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to resolve corrupt pictures..... I took pictures that I reviewed on the previewer in lumia camera. I get home and they are corrupt very sad but I understand that it is a cost to use beta win10 but I got the executive experience at the Atl Game today and wanted the memories for my son and I. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am thinking about rolling back to windows 8.1 just because of this on my 640xl that has been fine so far. Besides my keyboard being shifted now as well.

Happened to me too, I think it is caused by some bug in rich capture processing, try keeping it disabled. It sucks I know!

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem too without Rich enabled.
I take a picture and it looks fine but then I go to review and I find half the picture is missing and is covered by grey or the picture is totally corrupted and I can't view it on phone or pc.

Sometimes a picture will be half obscured by grey in the album view but will open fine to view it.
Sometimes a picture in gallery just shows as an exclamation mark and I can't do anything with it.

I am using a 1520 with photos saved to phone and I can't find a specific reason for this, I mainly use default settings and only occasionally rich but it happens randomly.

This and the fact that sometimes camera causes my phone to totally crash and reboot then any photo I was taking is lost.

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the update guys was very upsetting, I never had that issue until I actually wanted to capture moments. Sorry if this thread became a repeat notification issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss