No announcement about Windows 10 Mobile OS in NYC event

Sam_93

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I am pretty sad by this. Very much expected a launch date for Windows 10 mobile update . But hard luck. Whereas on the other side Marsmallow and iOS are out . Feeling neglected. :unhappysweat:

P Dot

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm kind of bummed about it as well. I might as well just get the latest beta build. Do you guys think it is good enough to use for a Lumia 640 daily driver?

j1sh

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I feel the same way I might take the plunge into beta build again with a 640 XL.
I had it on a 1520 months ago and hated the performance, has it come a long way?

Sam_93

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm kind of bummed about it as well. I might as well just get the latest beta build. Do you guys think it is good enough to use for a Lumia 640 daily driver?

yeah you can but there are many niggling issues and they will intensify with time. So better wait for final build.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling we are going to be using 8.1 for a good bit longer than what we were led to believe. I sure remember them saying all phones that could run 8.1 would get W10. Then some lists came out that left out alot more phones than it included. Seems all this work to get alot of apps working with W10 is not going to do much if most of the phones don't run W10. Right now I really don't know what to believe.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I feel the same way I might take the plunge into beta build again with a 640 XL.
I had it on a 1520 months ago and hated the performance, has it come a long way?

I'm now running it on my Lumia 640 and it is very smooth. The hardware in the 1520 is vastly better so hopefully it should run excellent for you. It even runs ok on my old Lumia 635 (the original, not the 1GB ram version they have now).

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to ask about the launch date, cuz i thaught i missed it, but i see others asking already so...

If you thing logically, it will have to launch just after the sales of 950 start. If 950 has it, it means it is ready. Curious about my carrier price tho, it doesn't seem too expensive. Just as i expected :)

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
After much reluctance, I had to replace my 1520 because it just bricked on me one day. After much contemplation I decided to go with the 640XL because it was already compatible with Windows 10 mobile. I've been using it as my daily driver for about two months now, and I couldn't be more impressed with the build and more excited for what's to come. Despite the 1520 being of superior specs, the 640XL has handled WP10 so much better. Of course there are glitches here and there, but overall I am thoroughly sold on the direction of WP10 and would recommend the fast ring to anyone who has a 640XL. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3