Will W10M performance be better?

Ural Kavraal

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I was watching performance videos about wp 8.1 vs w10 mobile. I feel like w10 mobile will perform slower then 8.1. I know it is still beta but do you think it will perform better or not? Can you tell from your experiences who used wp 7?

the1

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I believe that optimizations for speed and battery will be one of the last things that they work on, but I'm usually wrong..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
10's performance thus far has been not as great from the get go, but it has been improving from build to build. Sometimes not at all, sometimes in a big leap, etc. I can't say it'll match 8.1 point-for-point at launch, but I am reasonably confident it'll give it a run for its money.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Every new OS struggles and so will this one. In the end I hope it will be as smooth as WP8. I love the menus and features of W10P and just hope each new preview build gets faster, smoother and more Battery efficient.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I think this should be divided into two classes

1)new hardware+W10M : Yeah it should be, with very powerful SPEC should pumping the OS quite well. Just give time for devs to tuning their apps then I think shouldn't be hard to get UX as smooth as WP8 era.

2)old hardware+W10M : With only two devices (1520 and 930/Icon) have the high-end QCom SoC and rest of the field are mostly on par or worse than the flagship SoC from 2012 (S4 plus). I don't think there's much potential to extract from. I also believe that the newest lmia 550 will not give the smooth UX once you leave the mainscreen.

W10M is a way more capable OS then WP8, it have a core that more similar to a desktop OS and supports Android app. For sure all these gonna taking way more processing power and it's really a challenge to those old phones. However I think it's not bad to let all devices get a taste of W10M then push people to buy some new phone - it creates healthy cash flow to the company. I just hope the W10M won't screw the old phone up too badly, the 10536 on my ATIV S is a bit below usuable smoothness sometimes.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's stupid...better don't update this devices..

if my 625 works bad with 10 i switch to android

Wait and see - performance isn't optimal now.

And please, Android isn't the best at aging, especially with lower-end and older devices like the 625.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
That's stupid...better don't update this devices..

if my 625 works bad with 10 i switch to android
It's a tough decide to do.

If stay in WP8 then the phone die slowly with the fade out of WP8, in my country there are some WP8 app already been pull out of the store.

If updated to W10M you suffer from preformance loss but you got continue platform/app support anyway.

I'm really wondering how Lumia 550 will preform in real life, I laugh my *** out while watching those Lumia 550 on-hand video and noticing how hard they trying not to launch any app, just swiping on mainscreen and claim it's smooth lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar