950's coming soon but OS release in December?

j_the_geek

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
This is probably a cross-subject thread.

I've read/heard that the 950 family of phones with be available from the start (ish) of November, but I read elswhere that Windows 10 Mobile won't be out until sometime in December?

If both of these are true, does that mean the 950s could be released with an insider build of the OS? Or is it possible they'll be released with the full OS with an update for current phones in December?

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Well the 635 released with full 8.1 about a month before the rest of the phones got it. It's a matter of optimization for other phones.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure that work is being done to W10M to be fully optimized for the Lumia 950/Lumia 950 XL first.

After that work will be done to focus on the drivers on each hand set for optimum performance.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
If Verizon doesnt pick up the 950 then who cares when it will be released.
I'm just aggravated at the carriers lack of interest in windows phones especially after the icon bs. I've used iPhones and Android phone and I really like windows so much better other than just a couple of apps I would like to have. My comment was just said at an angry moment when I seen that Verizon wasn't going to pick it up.

anon(9573638)

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
As said before they just start optimizing for the new devices first, which is why the 550, 950, 950XL get it first. So after the november release of those devices they still have some time to optimise the firmwares and OS for all older devices that get the update.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
You can also pre-order the 950 at the MS Store!! They have the SKU's for it. I have a picture of the exact SKU for the 950 which Jamie (the rep) scanned but was asked not to post it. So being a WP sucker, I pre-ordered a 950 along with a 950XL last night at the MSFT store in Woodland Hills, CA. She said I can change my mind and decide to just buy one from the two devices but at least now I had the option of locking both of them in:)

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
when I put in my pre-order for a 950 XL this afternoon at a local MS Store, the sales guy and I bonded over the fact that the 950's are not at fault for their delayed ship dates, it's the OS. he said he's heard all the hardware is locked at this point, ready to be flashed with the GM OS, whenever that happens. he was running the latest Preview WM10 build on his personal phone too.

speaking of which, the build # was 10546 on the 950 XL I looked at.

it was nice to see people in this particular MS store looking at all the new stuff. it's situated in a mall directly across from an Apple Store which is always busy, so the MS employees must have felt good about that. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3