MirrorLink/Car Connectivity support in W10M?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been searching for MirrorLink support on Windows 10 Mobile and so far see no reference. It is a bit worrisome that Microsoft has no story for phone use in the car. I am a road warrior, often spending 8-10 a day driving for work. Microsoft is a member of the Car Connectivity Consortium, and yet chose not to put MirrorLink into Windows 10 Mobile. I am quite disappointed Microsoft has completely ignored the automotive industry with respect to mobile.

Has anyone heard anything about possible future support for this at the OS level as well as the new navigation app? I'd say lack of automotive support is the #1 reason I would not buy a Windows 10 Mobile device today.

Gary Childers

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I agree. I stopped using my Lumia 635 and bought a USED HTC One M8 just to try the experience. I've thought of posting pics of my Lumia, velcro'd to the dash of my 2015 Civic and displaying HERE Drive+, next to the "infotainment center" displaying Sygic via MirrorLink. I find it rather appalling how little press MirrorLink gets at all, not just from Microsoft but in the Android community. Android Auto, however, is gaining enthusiasm rather quickly. I tried it, and I prefer the experience with MirrorLink. I'm beginning to believe Microsoft's apparently ignorant silence on the subject may be veiled protest against the whole concept. I thought of buying a Nokia X2 because the Lumia's Cortana works better for placing calls by voice over the Honda's bluetooth than Android does. The Windows interface on the X2, which is actually a dual-core Android phone would allow Android Auto to run - displaying through the Honda IVI - while (hopefully) otherwise preserving the better interface between Windows 8x and the car. MirrorLink is really too good to ignore, but how do you persuade a corporate behemoth with myopia?
:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea