Data Sense in Windows 10 Mobile?

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 and have not installed Windows 10 on it and I don't know if I will because of Data Sense. I have heard very little about data sense in Windows 10 Mobile. I have only ever used Windows 10 Mobile emulators to test out Windows 10 so I don't have to install it on my phone. In the emulators, there is no Data Sense app. Now, I have heard people say that Data Sense IS in Windows 10 Mobile but all I have ever found is this "data usage" section in the settings app which only ever shows how much data has been used in the past 30 days. That is useful to me one day of the month. I like to see how much data I have used during my current billing period.

So for the people who have installed Windows 10 on your phones, is there a Data Sense app? And what is it like? I'm not talking about the data usage setting. I'm thinking that the emulators might not have Data Sense it because it does not have a real data connection. Data Sense is a must have for me and I will not upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile if it is not present.

Varm

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Kindly follow this procedure on how to set a Data Plan and Monitor your Data usage daily on Windows 10 Mobile :

Sample : I set my Data Limit only 60 MB for the whole Month / Monthly then click Save

DataPlan4.PNG

This will show your Data Plan Setup like this, you can Edit again or just remove it for new settings :

DataPlan3.PNG

Finally I got the Total result for my Cellular Data Usage :

DataPlan1.PNG

In addition, you can also find from Usage details. It specifies your every Apps for your cellular data that are being used.

DataPlan2.PNG

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Judging by the fact you completely misunderstood what I was asking, I think it's fair to say that it's working for you and not me.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So cell data is actually being recorded for some people then?

This is all I see -

View attachment 116237

Yes, it does appear like your cell data isn't being recorded, unless 0MB used is correct, very doubtful. Is Home the name of your carrier on the SIM? Data Usage has worked fine the last few builds for me. I compare it every so often with my past two carriers, always within a few MB.

OP, Data Usage does the same as the 8.1 predecessor. Set your monthly billing start date, set your data cap, set background app availability.

Varm

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
if that was the result showed. Then kindly click the Usage details from the Cellular Data. It will load all the Apps that are used. from your Cellular data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb