Why isn't my Outlook up to date?

trayal55

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
outlook not up to date

Hello all,
This morning my 640 xl on Win 10 Insider Preview 10586 started giving me an error about my primary outlook account not syncing. I searched some threads and found a previous instance where a lot of people had the issue. Some were able to correct by doing a hard reset, some by turning off sms backup. Briefly, I performed a hard reset, no success. I performed a roll back to windows mobile 8.1 using the device recovery tool, still not working. I upgraded back to Windows 10 mobile preview, still not working. I changed bay402.m.hotmail.com to m.hotmail.com, no success. The weird thing is the initial sync always worked when setting up the phone. But after the first sync it fails to every update again. My gmail account is working fine. The Windows Live status website says no issues present in their system. Does anybody have other options I can try?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: outlook not up to date

How did you get build Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586?

Also, have you tried using a different Internet connection?

trayal55

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

I got it through the fast ring on insider. I had been on it for a couple of days before this sync issue began. Previously I was on 10166 as part of the slow ring.

I did try on wifi and LTE. No change. I even grabbed my alternate phone, a 830 and I expierenced the same. The initial sync works fine, but nothing after that. I can still get items from store, I am still logged into onedrive and onenote, but any changes to contacts, email or calendar is not syncing with server.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I have had the same issue on 8.1/10 for the past 3 months now. The error number is 80070490, and I've just given up hope of it ever getting fixed. My emails still sync and everything, but I am missing some groups that I created on people.live.com

trayal55

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Based on the fact that I had the same issue on two different phones I have to assume the problem is with MS. I did open a support request with them, but have not yet received a reply.

trayal55

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Just in case anybody has a similar issue, I was able to get it resolved. It took three hours in chat with MS, and I told them at the beginning of the chat how to resolve, but they had to go through the whole helpdesk list of possibilities before escalating to tier 3. I had seen the answer on another forum, they had to reset the Delta Sync service that was attached to my outlook.com (Hotmail\live) account.

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

workaround!!!!!
at least this worked for me.

hard reset > DO NOT SET UP YOUR PHONE WITH YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT (press "do this later") > let the phone end all the process> go to settings>accounts>account and email> add account and bla bla bla

that was the only way to get my mail and contacts to show up

hope this wasn't just luck and work for you too guys.

:)

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

Just in case anybody has a similar issue, I was able to get it resolved. It took three hours in chat with MS, and I told them at the beginning of the chat how to resolve, but they had to go through the whole helpdesk list of possibilities before escalating to tier 3. I had seen the answer on another forum, they had to reset the Delta Sync service that was attached to my outlook.com (Hotmail\live) account.

I am chatting with Outlook.com chat rep right now. I am telling him exactly what worked for you. Hopefully they listen and will do the same for me. If this truly fixes it I would be so happy, as I have had this issue for the past 3 months now.

EDIT: The rep I spoke to said he contacted a tier 3 rep, he reset my Delta Sync service, and I still have the error. Did you have to do anything else before it worked?

Last edited:

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

i have this issue, with 10586.11
no contacts or nothing.
Messaging is not working either, would hate to do a hard reset.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Providing these information through the Windows Feedback app may get us somewhere. But search for it first; if it is already posted, then just "UpVote" that one - do NOT create a new feedback "thread".

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Glad I checked here. I installed 10586.11 on Friday and have not been able to get my Outlook account to sync. I try adding my Outlook account and nothing happens. My email accounts from my ISP added fine.

MoveThatGeaRUp

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

I can't login into my live-mail account, as well into my personal calendar. Furthermore the windows 10 apps (outlook) on my laptop won't work, too. Only my pc apps function properly. It's getting annoying that I don't have access to my calendar on every device.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I can't login into my live-mail account, as well into my personal calendar. Furthermore the windows 10 apps (outlook) on my laptop won't work, too. Only my pc apps function properly. It's getting annoying that I don't have access to my calendar on every device.

Have you found a solution to this, I have a similar situation, I came from 10581 to 10586 with no problems all contacts, email, calendar was fine, I just tried to update a contact it will let me edit but it does not save it when I hit save? My email,calendar, store updates, apps all work just fine? If I go and use my tablet running 10586 latest version all is fine I could update online at OneDrive.com and change's appear on tablet but not phone? Any ideas anyone??

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have another annoying issue with Outlook. When I share a picture for example by email, I'm stuck on the blue Outlook icon forever. The problem is, the email is actually sent but my phone keeps displaying the outlook icon along with the the little dots, like it was still sending the message. So, unless I check my emails on a computer, I never know if the email is actually gone or not as it never reverts back to the outlook app.

BTW, using the latest version of the insider program.

Any ideas or workaround?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have another annoying issue with Outlook. When I share a picture for example by email, I'm stuck on the blue Outlook icon forever. The problem is, the email is actually sent but my phone keeps displaying the outlook icon along with the the little dots, like it was still sending the message. So, unless I check my emails on a computer, I never know if the email is actually gone or not as it never reverts back to the outlook app.

BTW, using the latest version of the insider program.

Any ideas or workaround?

How's your internet connection speed? Or signal 📶 strength has alot to do at times, also size and how many photos' your sending plays a part of this.

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
How's your internet connection speed? Or signal �� strength has alot to do at times, also size and how many photos' your sending plays a part of this.

I was only sending one photo and the size of it is just 465ko. The wifi we have at work : 35mbps down and 95mpbs up. My 4G connection has: 45mbps down and 33mbps up. So no, it's not the speed.

My outlook was still spinning 5 minutes after I received the email so it's not the speed neither the size of the attachment. It's outlook which does not stop even if the email is sent out. It also happens without any attachment BTW...

So far I'm clueless.

MoveThatGeaRUp

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

No still not working. I can add my live email calendar successfully, but then the app shuts down. Next time I start it, no account has been attached.

JorEl

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

I posted a fix at Crackberry:

But can't post a link here (so dumb).

Browse over there in the Blackberry 10 OS forum and look for Outlook thread.

MoveThatGeaRUp

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

I posted a fix at Crackberry:

But can't post a link here (so dumb).

Browse over there in the Blackberry 10 OS forum and look for Outlook thread.

That didn't fix it for me. But now I get an error message (0x80040b0b) every time I try to log in.

MoveThatGeaRUp

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The solution to 0x80040b0b:
Login to a local windows account, login into the mail and calendar app, notice the now functional outlook apps and finally login back to your microsoft account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss