Windows 10 build 10586 Keyboard not working problem

guzonja23

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys! I hope I didn't break any rules for making this new post. I really need your help. Please someone help me about this problem.

So I decided to install new Windows 10, the latest build 10586. This is my first build that I have installed, i wanted to check it out. I have one huge problem with my lumia 735. The keyboard in search or any app is not working. When I go to settings - Time and Language - Keyboard. I have none keyboards to chose and when i go on + to add keyboards I get this message "You've already added all available keyboards". But again, i have none keyboards to select or to use. Please someone help me with solution, I would be very very thankful. And please excuse me for low English, i hope you understood me.

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
My keyboard is also not working sometimes. Whenever i click the text box ,nothing happens. Keyboard not popping up.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Hello guys! I hope I didn't break any rules for making this new post. I really need your help. Please someone help me about this problem.

So I decided to install new Windows 10, the latest build 10586. This is my first build that I have installed, i wanted to check it out. I have one huge problem with my lumia 735. The keyboard in search or any app is not working. When I go to settings - Time and Language - Keyboard. I have none keyboards to chose and when i go on + to add keyboards I get this message "You've already added all available keyboards". But again, i have none keyboards to select or to use. Please someone help me with solution, I would be very very thankful. And please excuse me for low English, i hope you understood me.

Your English is fine! I'm guessing here, but I'd do a soft reset: Hold down on/off and volume down buttons until it vibrates, then let go of buttons. See it that helps.

iwameed

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I am facing the same issue since the past few w10m builds. Soft reset solves the issue temporarily but the keyboard usually crashes again when i am using WhatsApp, i dont have any idea if this happens with any other app as I most rely on WhatsApp for chatting, although it also happened to me once while using Messenger. After the crash most of the times it won't launch again until you restart the phone. And when the keyboard crashes no keyboard is shown in installed keyboards list in the keyboards option in the settings. Hard reset won't solve the prob as I've been facing the issue since the past few builds.

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I am facing the same issue since the past few w10m builds. Soft reset solves the issue temporarily but the keyboard usually crashes again when i am using WhatsApp, i dont have any idea if this happens with any other app as I most rely on WhatsApp for chatting, although it also happened to me once while using Messenger. After the crash most of the times it won't launch again until you restart the phone. And when the keyboard crashes no keyboard is shown in installed keyboards list in the keyboards option in the settings. Hard reset won't solve the prob as I've been facing the issue since the past few builds.
Exactly, but the problem is not only in Whatsapp. Try opening Edge and type URL, edge will crash because there is no keyboard. Try search in all apps list. No keyboard will be shown. Happens everywhere in the phone. Not sure if someone raised this to MS already.

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm running into this as well. It happens intermittently regardless of the app.

Sometimes the keyboard just forgets to pop up. Never had this issue before but it's something that is now popping up on this latest build.

Very frustrating but even performing another function or going to a different screen can make the OS snap out of it and bring the keyboard back. But it is very strange.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
My keyboard is also not working sometimes. Whenever i click the text box ,nothing happens. Keyboard not popping up.

This all day and night. Since updating to the latest Redstone build I am having to refresh web pages in Edge to be able to select the text box and trigger the keyboard. Not sure why it always feels like I need to press things multiple times to get any kind of reaction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3