MSN Health and Fitness replacement for step counting?

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
MSN Health and Fitness replacement for step counting.

Just looking for a step counter like the old MSN health app used to do. I tried Fitbit like others have said but it doesn't seem to count anything for me. I have my L1520 on 10586 via the insider program, slow ring. If anyone knows of any app that would work as a step counter without having to manually telling it to "start exercise now" that would great. Thanks in advance.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: MSN Health and Fitness replacement for step counting.

You can use Microsoft Health app. Its the companion app for the Microsoft Band but you can use it without it. Only thing not working is the display of the step counter on the lock screen as it worked with Health and Fitness.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Have you allowed the app to use the sensors of the phone? Also the app does not display the steps in real time. It may take a few moments to update the step counter. Its working pretty fine on my girlfriends 640.

hd256

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

Right now I'm using Fitbit, I know it's a companion app but it also works without the fitbit band. I also tried Microsoft Health but the live tile didn't work Fitbit so far so good

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

Right now I'm using Fitbit, I know it's a companion app but it also works without the fitbit band. I also tried Microsoft Health but the live tile didn't work Fitbit so far so good

It isn't that it doesn't work it is that Microsoft Health doesn't have a Live Tile...

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Some how all my fitness apps had no access to use my location. I turned it on for Fitbit, Runtastic Pro, and Microsoft health app. Hopefully that fixes it. Thanks everyone for the responses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos