Glance Screen for W10M finally updated!

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Its working perfectly on my 1020 now. Before the update it did not show the full date but only the name of the day. Now it also shows calendar items which also did not work before. Finally also the size of the text is correct because before the update it was way too big.

SenneVc

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with the new update? My glance just stopped working. When I restart it is ok for about an hour, but it just stops working after that.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
The phone that started this is Nokia N9 and it had an amazing app called billboard it allowed you to create your own info string. I wish we had this kind of power on WP, essentially you create what you want to see.
https://openrepos.net/content/thp/billboard-standby-screen

it was the N8, and it did nothing more than show a gray clock on that tiny 3.5" screen :p

I'm not installing this until further reports, sadly we have to be pretty careful with ms updates nowadays, its working on my 928 after upgrading to w10 but only shows the day name + clock + the 5 notification counters, I would gladly accept the remaining details I had on 8.1 but that would be risking this thing messing up the feature entirely until ms dares to release another bug fixing bug

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Get your facts straight. You don't need Glance Backround anymore, you can do it from within Glance.

Nah, you don't get it.

I can't use a custom app for my lockscreen AND a custom wallpaper for glance anymore.
That's the feature that the glance settings is missing.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I finally updated to W10 Mobile on my daily driver L830 last night. Hard reset first on 8.1, then updated to W10, then another hard reset, and started fresh no restore. I like it so far and it's running pretty good.

Glance is working for me but not showing the full date on the Glance screen. Only the day but not the month. Lock screen shows the full date but not Glance. I checked in Glance settings and show date is on.

Update: looks like I had another Glance update in the store and now the full date is showing! :wink:

Last edited:

DigitalZ

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
It does work with pictures but you have to first set the picture you want as your lock screen picture and then you get the ability to turn it on in your glance screen settings. Unfortunately that means you can't use the Bing image rotation as your lock screen picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb