For people who think W10M is not ready...

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I found on my 920 it didn't really become any more sluggish than it was on 8.1. However there's absolutely no reason why apps like Messaging should be so buggy and crashy, even with Skype. They had this working perfectly in 8.0 o_O

As I type this though I remember that the keyboard is more laggy and the autocorrect fails to kick in even for blatantly obvious typos. That probably bugs me most of all.

I like to think that it'll be smoother on a dedicated phone for Win10 with the right firmware though. Just have to decide whether I'm committed enough to go for the 950 or settle for 550.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I ran it on the HTC 1(m8)4Win and it was my daily driver for months. I over looked things like the video camera not actually working because of so many pluses. Ultimately, I switched back because I was tired of not being able to use my band with my phone. I expected an update that would fix the problem with band 2... Nothing. With the release of the 950/XL... Nope.

That's what I'm waiting for. I miss the app store matching my computer. I miss being able to reply to texts without opening the app. But, ultimately, using the Cortana integration with my band trumped all the flash of Win10M.

I am using the same HTC M8 running the latest build and everything works except for Hey Cortana..And I think that is just a setting thing I have not been able to find in this latest build but my Band 1, Camera, Video, apps, everything else is flawless. How could you go back to 8.1? Yikes.
Question: On your Band 2, did you reset it? Remove the Band completely then re-add it as a new device? It was what I had to do with the Band 1 and I'm just wondering if you did.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Last week I upgraded my Lumia 1020 to Windows 10 Mobile from Windows Phone 8.1 and I almost immediately downgraded my phone back to WP8.1 because of some TERRIBLE bugs I was experiencing (I didn't downgrade because I have some apps that are no longer in the store). For one, when I simply swipe up and down the start screen, it will glitch out and teleport to a different section of the start screen EVERY TIME I SCROLL. I was immediately like "How on earth does Microsoft think this is ready if such a simple bug exists right on the start screen?" Tiles also don't appear right away when I scroll through my start screen fast. There are many other things that bug me about it but I won't get into it.

Anyways, My dad decided to install Windows 10 Mobile on his Lumia 830 and let me tell you... it was a completely different experience. On my 1020, Windows 10 feels like an incomplete and extremely buggy OS. On my dad's Lumia 830, Windows 10 feels like a perfectly, polished, and complete OS that is ready to be released. On both our phones, we are running the same build (10586.11) so I was amazed at how well it ran on his phone.

What I'm thinking is that Windows 10 Mobile is currently built more for newer devices with newer hardware. I believe I read in a Windows Central article a few weeks ago that Windows 10 Mobile was going to be released in waves so different devices will get it at different times. The devices that will get it first will probably be devices in the Lumia x3x and x4x range and Windows 10 will be released later for older devices in the Lumia x2x range. Microsoft will probably fix up bugs that exist when W10M is running on older devices by creating a new build and release it later to the Lumia x2x devices.

So for the people who think Windows 10 Mobile is NOT ready and also for the people who think it IS ready, comment below with what device are you using and if you think it is ready or not. Lets see if we can see a pattern.

You've actually got that off. The first wave of devices to get the proper W10M update are on the Snapdragon 400 SoC. That includes the 830, along with the 630, 635, 640 and XL (if I remember correctly, they use the SD400), the 730, and the 735. From a benchmark standpoint, it tested actually closely with the S4 chip inside of the 1020, I think with the 400 winning a bit in CPU tests and the S4 running away in GPU tests.

I've got it on my 920 (same S4 chip as the 1020, though the S4 has some additional, custom parts). It runs OK. Battery life is far from stellar, especially with LTE on. It gets upset and stuck on the "Resuming..." screen a LOT if you try to open the Messaging app from a notification (meaning you have to hit the Home button and open the app that way). It also has IM+ (which hasn't been updated in over a year, I don't think) telling me it crashed a lot, even when I just closed it myself. It's a 6 or 7 out of 10, I think, from a functionality/stability standpoint.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Seems to be running just fine on my 640XL and 1520. Am running 10586.1511 on both. But yes, it seems like the 640XL has a bit of a battery hit. Not sure about the 1520 because I don't use it that often in recent times.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1020, upgraded from 10581, no hard reset

It's smooth. I fortunately still have lumia camera and here maps though their updates are waiting in the store which I don't wish to install

Issues: word flow isn't as accurate as it should be and bad battery drain when using internet

zapppa83

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
On my 625 isn't ready...ok it's an old 512mb phone but it's impossibile listen music with Groove and using Edge...the phone became superslow and unresponsive.

Returned to 8.1, now it's superfast and battery is way better.

From W10M i hate:
- No more social feed in Groups on People App
- Msn News don't show the news that is show in Live tile
- Mail images are shown in desktop mode
- Edge with many problems
- Volume seems lower than 8.1
- Start screen frequently freeze and need manual restart!!

SaltCityBoy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm using it as daily driver for over 3 months on my Lumia 640 and haven't found some large issues during usage. My main and only problem is that I don't receive any signal for SMS.

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Overall it's running fine on my ATT 830. It's definitely not as fluid as 8.1 Denim, but I like all the features and enhancements. I will say the Messaging app is my main complaint. The app itself is probably the most laggy part of the OS, but when sending SMS messages, it can take up to 2 minutes for the timestamp to appear on the sent message. That's RIDICULOUS. It's sporadic, but it happens frequently. Very annoying if you're trying to have a quick convo that needs to happen in real time.

It's mind boggling to me that Microsoft can't have this, the most basic function of the phone, ready to go for prime time. It's not an isolated bug either - many users out there are complaining. I'm not sure if the problem exists on the new 950s or not. Any owners care to chime in?

my complain in term of messaging app is the Skype integration, i liked the old Fb messaging integration back in days of WP 7.8, other than that i like the apps UI and its performance for just texting is as better as the one on wp 8.1, no issue with the timestamp here, takes less than a second to show timestamp on my L1520, my only complain is apps which MSFT has nothing to do with, they are doing there best to get them ported here, islandwood is what i am counting on to succeed :D

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Last week I upgraded my Lumia 1020 to Windows 10 Mobile from Windows Phone 8.1 and I almost immediately downgraded my phone back to WP8.1 because of some TERRIBLE bugs I was experiencing (I didn't downgrade because I have some apps that are no longer in the store). For one, when I simply swipe up and down the start screen, it will glitch out and teleport to a different section of the start screen EVERY TIME I SCROLL. I was immediately like "How on earth does Microsoft think this is ready if such a simple bug exists right on the start screen?" Tiles also don't appear right away when I scroll through my start screen fast. There are many other things that bug me about it but I won't get into it.

Anyways, My dad decided to install Windows 10 Mobile on his Lumia 830 and let me tell you... it was a completely different experience. On my 1020, Windows 10 feels like an incomplete and extremely buggy OS. On my dad's Lumia 830, Windows 10 feels like a perfectly, polished, and complete OS that is ready to be released. On both our phones, we are running the same build (10586.11) so I was amazed at how well it ran on his phone.

What I'm thinking is that Windows 10 Mobile is currently built more for newer devices with newer hardware. I believe I read in a Windows Central article a few weeks ago that Windows 10 Mobile was going to be released in waves so different devices will get it at different times. The devices that will get it first will probably be devices in the Lumia x3x and x4x range and Windows 10 will be released later for older devices in the Lumia x2x range. Microsoft will probably fix up bugs that exist when W10M is running on older devices by creating a new build and release it later to the Lumia x2x devices.

So for the people who think Windows 10 Mobile is NOT ready and also for the people who think it IS ready, comment below with what device are you using and if you think it is ready or not. Lets see if we can see a pattern.

Do hard reset after you update to 10586.11 on your 1020 i am just guessing that it may be an issue with the start screen scaling. i am on L1520 btw other than apps, i have no issue with the OS, perfect for me, improvements are always required you know :D

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 windows 10 mobile latest built update works smooth or not??? Is it comparable to use daily uses device???
Whether Lumia 640 and 640XL will get first update of windows 10 on 14 December???

Ma1dere

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I installed it on my 1020 and not looking back. Most of the legacy apps work just fine, battery life is about the same and interface is much better. Maybe W10M is not as feature-reach as some people wanted it to be, but I belive it is more or less ready.
Ehh, and don't forget that it's still in preview state for everything but 950/XL, so in some cases bugs and battery life problems are expected.

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
It's not ready, whatever they say. I mean I can list bugs that I am pretty sure I've read them in all forums on all devices:
- Music shuffle from the lockscreen, when it double swypes for each song (wth is that?)
- Keyboard is not as precise as 8.1.
- The sound distortion on notifications (it happens rarely but it is there). I mean I heard it on a Lumia 930, 640, 830.
- Sometimes uninstalling apps remain stuck with blank icon in app list menu.
- App scaling. You set DPI to low, yet WhatsApp has an immense font size.
- Clicking on the tab button on the Edge browser, sometimes it takes a good 2 seconds to list all tabs. Or when trying to close them all, takes up to 2 seconds as well.
- Camera, oh..the camera..is ruined. People forgot the amazing experience of video recording with a Lumia 930 and custom Hz setting. That setting is long gone.
- Cortana display. On high 1080p screen with DPI set to minimum she is displaying in a much tightened space. I mean, what's the point of having that black space on the sides?
- The Store.. Well, no matter what they say, the store is laggy in comparison to 8.1. Saw it even on a Lumia 950. Still laggy!
- Custom ringtones like songs per person? Oh..yeah..maybe in 4 years. (Or is it just a bug on my own phone?)
- Skype Video..the embedded one. It's a hit'n'miss. Likewise for Skype messaging embedded.
- Photos (zooming in) then moving on different parts of the pictures. Lag, easily seen by the eye.
- People app. Pictures scaling of facebook apps are wrong. People look like midgets sometimes.

Every OS that hits the devices first time has issues, iOS and Android does too, why complain with W10M, atleast MSFT is listening to us. does Apple and Google ask their user to let them improve the UI and UX.

-First one you mentioned is right, its a bug that would obviously be fixed. dont forget to give feedback abt this bug in Feedback app. :)
-KB is perfect for me, the only thing i dont like is NO swype in EDGE!- again dont forget to give feedback.
- The sound distortion on notifications, yes it happens on my lumia 1520 too, im fine with it :p, FEEDBACK please.
- Sometimes uninstalling apps remain stuck with blank icon in app list menu. happened on older builds not on the 10586.11, Store way more precise than it was before.
-EDGE is FAST, compared to firefox and chrome, i have 50 tabs open now and it takes about a second to show the tabs on screen when taping the all tabs option, somtimes two, but scrolling in tabs is smooth, scrolling pages is faster and smoother. than IE on 8.1, also on chrome and firefox with the same processor as my L1520.
-Camera is great for me, SlowMO is awesome with the photo plugin update the editing features are awesome, photos app need improvements of course, but dont forget to give feedback.
-Cortana I am okay with , that thing you mentioned is a suggestion not a bug.
- I think you used W10M on L520, because i really like the new store and it has improved a lot, i don't think it need performance improvement,works like a charm on the L1520 i have. app suggestion i think needs improvements.
-Are you sure you own a W10M yourself and not reviewing one looked in demo somewhere in MSFT store, because everyone knows that we have option for custom ringtone for text and call per person.
-Skype integration like i said is something really needs improvements, but skype app is what i use, hours of voice calls , less battery drain and phone does not get super hot, most definitely no crash at all.
-Photo Zooming i have no issue with , the app itself need improvement, but what you said i just tried on my L1520, Zooming a 4k picture with 6mb size is no issue moving lags , but i am on a SD800 processor im sure this wil not be an issue with higher ones, the 1080 pics zooming and moving around is no problem at all.
-I dont like the Circles myself, how they show the pics, but again isnt that a suggestion than a bug.

FEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK!!!!!

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Do hard reset after you update to 10586.11 on your 1020 i am just guessing that it may be an issue with the start screen scaling. i am on L1520 btw other than apps, i have no issue with the OS, perfect for me, improvements are always required you know :D
I thought they fixed the start screen scaling issue. Also, for an RTM build, nobody should have to hard reset their phone. You never hear of iPhones or Androids needing a reset after an update.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Every OS that hits the devices first time has issues, iOS and Android does too, why complain with W10M, atleast MSFT is listening to us. does Apple and Google ask their user to let them improve the UI and UX.

-First one you mentioned is right, its a bug that would obviously be fixed. dont forget to give feedback abt this bug in Feedback app. :)
-KB is perfect for me, the only thing i dont like is NO swype in EDGE!- again dont forget to give feedback.
- The sound distortion on notifications, yes it happens on my lumia 1520 too, im fine with it :p, FEEDBACK please.
- Sometimes uninstalling apps remain stuck with blank icon in app list menu. happened on older builds not on the 10586.11, Store way more precise than it was before.
-EDGE is FAST, compared to firefox and chrome, i have 50 tabs open now and it takes about a second to show the tabs on screen when taping the all tabs option, somtimes two, but scrolling in tabs is smooth, scrolling pages is faster and smoother. than IE on 8.1, also on chrome and firefox with the same processor as my L1520.
-Camera is great for me, SlowMO is awesome with the photo plugin update the editing features are awesome, photos app need improvements of course, but dont forget to give feedback.
-Cortana I am okay with , that thing you mentioned is a suggestion not a bug.
- I think you used W10M on L520, because i really like the new store and it has improved a lot, i don't think it need performance improvement,works like a charm on the L1520 i have. app suggestion i think needs improvements.
-Are you sure you own a W10M yourself and not reviewing one looked in demo somewhere in MSFT store, because everyone knows that we have option for custom ringtone for text and call per person.
-Skype integration like i said is something really needs improvements, but skype app is what i use, hours of voice calls , less battery drain and phone does not get super hot, most definitely no crash at all.
-Photo Zooming i have no issue with , the app itself need improvement, but what you said i just tried on my L1520, Zooming a 4k picture with 6mb size is no issue moving lags , but i am on a SD800 processor im sure this wil not be an issue with higher ones, the 1080 pics zooming and moving around is no problem at all.
-I dont like the Circles myself, how they show the pics, but again isnt that a suggestion than a bug.

FEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK!!!!!

You clearly are ok with everything (Nadella/indian supporter?), yet the OS is full of these bugs. If you accept the bugs that doesn't make it ready or ok. In fact you only make the OS weaker by being complacent.
And you got things wrong, you cannot set custom ringtone per contact. Please tell me how you pick a song (example Avicii) for a specific contact? You can't. Test before you post, please.
The phone I'm using is L930 which is powerful enough for the OS yet there are a ton of issues. I mentioned that I used the W10 on other devices as well, don't put words in my mouth by saying I used store on Lumia 520. For me the store is clearly buggy and laggy even on Lumia 950 (look in the reviews).
You mentioned camera is great, clearly you don't know the use of the camera on a Lumia 930, the video recording was stellar, not it's gone. Picture wise is sub par to 8.1.
Anyway you seem like a fan boy who can't acknowledge that the W10M OS is a huge drawback, since you are ok with everything.

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
You clearly are ok with everything (Nadella/indian supporter?), yet the OS is full of these bugs. If you accept the bugs that doesn't make it ready or ok. In fact you only make the OS weaker by being complacent.
And you got things wrong, you cannot set custom ringtone per contact. Please tell me how you pick a song (example Avicii) for a specific contact? You can't. Test before you post, please.
The phone I'm using is L930 which is powerful enough for the OS yet there are a ton of issues. I mentioned that I used the W10 on other devices as well, don't put words in my mouth by saying I used store on Lumia 520. For me the store is clearly buggy and laggy even on Lumia 950 (look in the reviews).
You mentioned camera is great, clearly you don't know the use of the camera on a Lumia 930, the video recording was stellar, not it's gone. Picture wise is sub par to 8.1.
Anyway you seem like a fan boy who can't acknowledge that the W10M OS is a huge drawback, since you are ok with everything.

not everything but most of the thing on the new build. I Am PAKISTANI, and you clearly being racist here, I do support what Nadella is doing, at least he gave us w10m, unlike steve ballmer who thinks universal app idea is a flop and MS should let crapdroid apps run on it. I will prefer the performance over some crappy apps, iOS port is a better idea. I don't say that there aren't no bugs, there are but c'mon if a feature is missing then you have suggestion to give, if you really want that feature then switch to android or iOS.
wp_ss_20151203_0002[1].jpg
I see now that you meant, I am sorry that I took that wrong, but there is still a way to certain songs , see screenshot :p
my L1520 works great with camera, I miss the Lumia camera app myself too but its getting there, if a setting Is missing , its not a bug. W10M is huge improvement and I don't know how you expect it to be perfect in less than a year, when you know they started from scratch.
I am ****** , no doubt, but I also give feedback where needed,

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm running it on a 640 and a 520. Running especially smooth on the 640 (better than 8.1) and this build made a huge improvement on the 520. It's ready.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss