Favorites from WM8.1 to WM10

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
If you still have her 830, upgrade it to Windows 10 using the insider app. When you do that it will bring over her favourites to the edge brower and it will sync to her new 950.

Thanks for the tip. Do you know if this is the only way? Trying to avoid updating her 830 just yet. Seems like a long process just to get the Favs.

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I think that is the only way unless you want to add all the favorites manually. You could also upgrade a computer that has Windows 8 to Windows 10 to accomplish the same thing. Microsoft definitely overlooked how to transfer favorites.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
OK, I think I found another way, you can have the user login to a Windows 10 laptop/PC with their Microsoft account, that should sync both their Edge and IE favorites. Once their favorites show up in IE, under the Phone folder, you can go into Edge and have it import the IE favorites, which then in turn should sync to the phone.

Sort of a round-a-bout way to do it, but it worked for me.

BTW: It appears that by adding a favorite on the phone forces a sync, and gets them to all come over.

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
OK, I think I found another way, you can have the user login to a Windows 10 laptop/PC with their Microsoft account, that should sync both their Edge and IE favorites. Once their favorites show up in IE, under the Phone folder, you can go into Edge and have it import the IE favorites, which then in turn should sync to the phone.

Sort of a round-a-bout way to do it, but it worked for me.

BTW: It appears that by adding a favorite on the phone forces a sync, and gets them to all come over.

I don't think IE favourites sync anymore in Windows 10. At least they don't on my Windows 10 PC.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, mine showed up on my phone within an hour or two. Have you checked and made sure the Edge is set to sync favorites? (On both the computer and phone.) I can't recall if that is default or not on the computers.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
So was having KB issues with WM10 on wife's phone. T was not allowing me to download English Canada KB. This an Edge favorite sync led me to do a hard reset. After backing up, relapsing everything and re setting up her Lumia 950XL, KB issue resolved but favorites still not syncing. Had no issue with 950. Strange but another example of WM10 OS not being fully out of beta. Oh well will keep trying something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos