Run Multiple WhatsApp Accounts in W10M?

Erwan James

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I did some googling but came up short, maybe someone here will have some input. I'm looking to run two Whatsapp instances for both my phone numbers, on Android you can run a thirdparty whatsapp client which then allows you to have both the official and the third party.

Any ideas on W10M?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This post has absolutely nothing to do with http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...ual-sim-specs-features-questions-welcome.html Being a question is not the sole criteria...
Well, as a new 950XL dual sim owner I had exactly the same question, so it has at least something to do with it. I have run WhatsApp with each of the two SIMs, one in the USA, and one in my home country. I'd love to be able to use both at the same time. Not sure if this is possible either.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a no. From the WhatsApp FAQ:

Your WhatsApp account can only be verified with one number on one device. If you have a dual SIM phone, please note that you still must choose one number to verify with WhatsApp. There is no option to have a WhatsApp account with two phone numbers.
If you attempt to frequently switch your WhatsApp account between different devices, at a certain point, you may be blocked from re-verifying your account. Please do not repeatedly switch between different devices and numbers.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, as a new 950XL dual sim owner I had exactly the same question, so it has at least something to do with it.

The device is only coincidental.

On the face of it it is about an App. WhatsApp. And 3rd party Apps for the service. And how they might be used on 10.

Would the answer differ between a 950, a 950 XL, a 640 running Insider or any other hardware configuration that has now or will get 10?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The device is only coincidental.

On the face of it it is about an App. WhatsApp. And 3rd party Apps for the service. And how they might be used on 10.

Would the answer differ between a 950, a 950 XL, a 640 running Insider or any other hardware configuration that has now or will get 10?

I understand that, but given this sudden increase in users with a dual sim phone, a lot of users who might want to know about this are hanging out in the 950xl forum. Anyway, I don't really care, answer is it won't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss