New Notification Features.

anon(9738275)

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
So I've installed Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 640 and it seems good. How do I enable the following new features:

Notifications are synched across all devices linked to the same MS account (e.g. your W10 desktop will tell you that you missed a call on your W10M phone)
Texting from your PC through your phone on the same Microsoft Account.
Missed call notification to your PC (from Cortana on the phone straight to your desktop.)

JB Labs

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
You only have to use the same MSA account on both devices. Both of them must be in a supported language (ehem, English works fine)

BadElbow

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever get this to work? I haven't been able to. I have a dual sim 950 and am signed in on the same MSA on both the phone and my windows 10 desktop. I do see the option to select "Missed call notifications" on the phone but the option is missing in the desktop Cortana settings. Any idea?

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
"text" (in german "SMS") works perfectly on my l950 and both W10 devices (SP3 and ASUS Laptop).
also missed calls work perfectly on both W10 devices and on my band 2.

What I didn't get to work and I am even not sure if this is intended to work is synced notification: right now I got a meeting alarm on my l950, my SP3, my ASUS laptop and on my band 2... dismissing the alarm has to be done on every single device... quite annoying... :(

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
It worked for me once I updated my PC on the Windows Insider to the 11082 build. My 640 is on the current W10M 10586.63 build and it shows up my calls on the PC's Notifications window. Cortana on the PC will now happily send text messages through my phone as well.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
I believe most of the features listed may not be available until the next major update to Windows 10 mobile, Redstone. Microsoft demoed the features in their 950 presentation a few months ago, but had said that they were coming soon.

That update is supposed to be released before the end of January from everything that I have read.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett