Groove failing to update its database when new content added (or deleted) SD card and/or internal.

John Hardy IV

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Groove music on my new Lumia 950XL is really frustrating me.

I have a lot of local music, I put a subset of that, ~33K songs on a 128GB SD card in the 950XL. The Groove interrogation routines found it all and added it to the database. However, after that I did an autoplaylist sync from WMP12 to the primary storage on the 950XL, maybe 400 songs.

I have never seen the 'adding your music' banner again for a couple of days now. The music is physically there in the file system, but it's never added to the database nor displayed in the UI. Settings / sync my music doesn't work (just sits there saying 'syncing' but never changes), perhaps because of the number of songs. Regardless it doesn't prompt a new 'adding your music' message.

This happens with my large collection in Groove Music on my Win10 Pro PC. I'll have to kill the local database in C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database.

Is there something comparable on the mobile version to kill? I don't see anything looking at it via file explorer. Thanks -

Note: I see a lot of similar threads, search for 'Groove SD Card' and you'll get the hits. :(

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss