Maps and the compass

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I noticed on my 950 today that the compass doesn't work on Windows maps, the compass icon is there but doesn't do anything, so I tried on my L640 ( which also has windows 10 mobile) and it doesn't work on that phone either, is this a feature that is "coming soon" ?
I can't fathom why the icon is there is it doesn't work? This is surely really really basic functionality for a map app,
Is there a setting im missing somewhere? any thoughts anyone?

Orcus

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I noticed on my 950 today that the compass doesn't work on Windows maps, the compass icon is there but doesn't do anything, so I tried on my L640 ( which also has windows 10 mobile) and it doesn't work on that phone either, is this a feature that is "coming soon" ?
I can't fathom why the icon is there is it doesn't work? This is surely really really basic functionality for a map app,
Is there a setting im missing somewhere? any thoughts anyone?
I have same issue and would love an answer. Current build for the 950 XL.

p51mustang

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a 950 (latest production software) and the compass on Maps works perfectly.

Turn the map around and the compass turns. Tap the compass and the map re-orientates itself north.

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I have a 950 (latest production software) and the compass on Maps works perfectly.

Turn the map around and the compass turns. Tap the compass and the map re-orientates itself north.

On mine I see the compass icon but it's "greyed out" and tapping it does nothing, I've installed a compass app to test the compass and it's working okay so who knows why it doesn't work on maps (ffs)

lordbebech

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Exact the same issue - icon greyed out. Compass works perfectly in Here maps in Windows Maps it is greyed out :| I thought they just don't support 'old phones' like my L920 but as i reading here issue is even on Top L950 ... :|

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon