Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.71 Could Well Be The official Public Version?

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.71 Could Well Be The official Public Version

seems more of a hint , to live with. ;D

he rollout of Windows 10 Mobile has become a bit of a saga in of itself with a very elongated development phase, and rather prolonged testing phase.

But it now looks like that the release of the mobile OS is imminent.

Finally, as the word goes.

Microsoft rolled out build 10586.71 to slow ring users recently, and Gabriel Aul, the head of the Windows Insider Program confirmed earlier this week that this version could be shipped to everyone — depending on the telemetry data received from Insiders, of course.

That’s not to say that the software titan will indeed take the next step and launch the mobile operating system next week.

We could actually be in for another small wait, as depending on the feedback received, Redmond could roll out another build in the meantime with fixes for the latest bugs and all that. But it’s safe to say that this is the very final stretch here.

There are reports out there claiming that Windows 10 Mobile is slated to go live next week, and unconfirmed as they are it is clear that Microsoft will pull the plug before the middle of February.

No new features are being added to the platform, and the company has been in bug fixing and optimization mode for several weeks now.

All eyes on the final feedback, then.

gabe1057.jpg

Thomasmas

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.71 Could Well Be The official Public Version

Doesn't really mean too much. The question was about 950 and 550 which already have Win 10 mobile, thus "everyone" in that context might imply only current phones having Win 10 mobile already.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Ready?

With random reboots?
How about edge?? Page rendering is terrible. Don't talk about when a page loads and you try to scroll and it's just boxes everywhere. (impossible to take a screenshot of it)
Something as simple as scrolling to the app list and having to watch the icons for the app load. Really?

I can go on and on......

Ready?! Far from.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I think its a safe enough build to roll out to the public. I'm getting incredible battery life on my 1520. Pushing more than 3 full days with light to moderate use. Apps load fast, browsing is outstanding and I'm comfortable with it overall. My co-worker has a 1520 and I got her to jump from 8.1 to this latest Windows 10 build and she is finding similar experience too. Could be a 1520 "thing" but its good here. As an aside, my HTC One M8 is working great too with this build.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

I think its a safe enough build to roll out to the public. I'm getting incredible battery life on my 1520. Pushing more than 3 full days with light to moderate use. Apps load fast, browsing is outstanding and I'm comfortable with it overall. My co-worker has a 1520 and I got her to jump from 8.1 to this latest Windows 10 build and she is finding similar experience too. Could be a 1520 "thing" but its good here. As an aside, my HTC One M8 is working great too with this build.

Is it worth loading the latest slow ring build?

Regards

Infinidim

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site

Never was a fan of W10M and reading this Windows 10 Mobile's Cortana and Bing apps are simply disgraceful - WMPoweruser just solidifies that feeling. They can delay all they want, its a downgrade in every sense of the word.
Sent From my SP3

Do not forget the writers for that site was so trollish that they got banned from joining MS hosted events. They ban people that comment that they don't have problems and they also constantly abuse users through comments. Just a horrible, horrible site that is best left forgotten.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Do not forget the writers for that site was so trollish that they got banned from joining MS hosted events. They ban people that comment that they don't have problems and they also constantly abuse users through comments. Just a horrible, horrible site that is best left forgotten.

Proof of anything you claim?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Never was a fan of W10M and reading this http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-10-mobiles-cortana-bing-apps-simply-disgraceful/ just solidifies that feeling. They can delay all they want, its a downgrade in every sense of the word.

Sent From my SP3

I do like many of the new additions and changes in W10M, but I'm forced to agree with this article. Cortana seems to have been fairly well lobotomized.

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Regards

Infinidim
IMO yes, tried and using on several different phones without a single problem, even my old 925 is loving it
Would advise to not apply anything from backup if reset Is performed, the only issues I`ve had ever with any 586.xx build were after restoring from backup
There were no problems when upgrading several phones from 8.1 or fresh W10M flash

Nokia930usr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

Something has to change .
Before I started using the windows insider preview the 930 was flawless .
Ever since I started using the previews the phone flickers . The display is slightly smaller then what it should be . Some drop downs are half cut off .
Maybe its a firmware thing ?
ykx9l.jpg

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Regards

Infinidim

I could endorse this build. It is solid as you need it to be to get through a day or a few days battery-wise without issue. I have had zero issues on my 1520, the phone I use most. With light to medium use, I can get to a third day fairly comfortably on my 1520 and I still say of the Lumia line, the 1520 is still the phone to beat.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Something has to change .
Before I started using the windows insider preview the 930 was flawless .
Ever since I started using the previews the phone flickers . The display is slightly smaller then what it should be . Some drop downs are half cut off .
Maybe its a firmware thing ?
http://i63.tinypic.com/ykx9l.jpg
My 930 had the flicker, but only on WC app. Strange. My entire screen is used with no edges. I don't have the half screen thing you mention, unless I'm in one handed mode, when it is supposed to do it. Like others, I avoid restoring where possible as I find it can cause issues.

I think, IMHO, we need another TP for the 'legacy' devices, along with device specific firmware updates. Maybe that will resolve a few issues, ie battery.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I could endorse this build. It is solid as you need it to be to get through a day or a few days battery-wise without issue. I have had zero issues on my 1520, the phone I use most. With light to medium use, I can get to a third day fairly comfortably on my 1520 and I still say of the Lumia line, the 1520 is still the phone to beat.

I agree about the 1520. I have a 950 but I ordered a new 1520 off eBay. I plan on using the 1520 as my primary device. I had a used 1520 this weekend that I sent back today. While I had it I did some unscientific side by side comparisons between the 950 and 1520. I really put them through their paces. They were dead even almost every time and when there was a winner it was the 1520 every time. I was surprised.

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I agree about the 1520. I have a 950 but I ordered a new 1520 off eBay. I plan on using the 1520 as my primary device. I had a used 1520 this weekend that I sent back today. While I had it I did some unscientific side by side comparisons between the 950 and 1520. I really put them through their paces. They were dead even almost every time and when there was a winner it was the 1520 every time. I was surprised.
There is something to be said about having a newer device and the 950XL is no slouch, which is the one my son owns but when you hold the 1520 in hand, there is something about that phone that screams "I got your back" or whatever the heck its saying. Its an older Lumia but you simply don't get the sense that it is...ever. I saw a thread about one of the members having a tough time parting with his and I understand completely. As much as I love my 920, I given that hard choice, I'd let the 920 go a long time before I'd part with my 1520. Its too right. If that makes sense.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

This will be my 3rd 1520. I had a black one from ATT, then a mint condition white one from eBay. Now I'm waiting on a new red one. I'm definitely a fan of the device.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Phone users that are not on Insider Program don't even know about Windows 10 availability and many don't care.
Ignorance is bliss ..... they are quite happily using their windows 8 phone (and happy with it), blissfully unaware of what is happening in the background . Whereas we seem to expect miracles every-time there is an update available.
Expecting Windows 10 to breath life into something that was initially designed for one operating system, with a future one not in mind at all.
The lifespan of most phones is kind of equal to the contracts with our Telcos, by then, most of us are ready for a new model phone anyways.
Do you think some may be expecting waaaaaaaaaay too much from Windows 10?
Lumia 1020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism