There is probably a way to bypass lock screen PIN or iris scanning

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a 950XL, I have configured my phone to enter either PIN or scan my iris every time from lock screen.

I locked the phone, and used camera button to take picture. Once the picture is taken there will be a round icon/button on top right corner to show up to allow me to view the picture just taken. I click that icon, some time I can just open the picture app without entering PIN or scanning iris. Then I use home button to see entire home screen.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Please report this using the Windows Feedback app. Upvote an existing item for the same issue if one exists.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a 950XL, I have configured my phone to enter either PIN or scan my iris every time from lock screen.

I locked the phone, and used camera button to take picture. Once the picture is taken there will be a round icon/button on top right corner to show up to allow me to view the picture just taken. I click that icon, some time I can just open the picture app without entering PIN or scanning iris. Then I use home button to see entire home screen.

Well that's all you can do. Take a picture and browse it/them.
They made this a few builds ago, and THANKS GOD, that's genius thinking.
If you really don't want anyone to use your phone you can disable the camera button when the phone is locked.

BUT, IT SHOULD ask your pin if you press home. May be you didn't setup the lockscreen correctly : 15mins or so and the PIN isn't required yet ?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
BUT, IT SHOULD ask your pin if you press home. May be you didn't setup the lockscreen correctly : 15mins or so and the PIN isn't required yet ?

Yes, it does this. What I've had happen is that I've been recognized by Windows Hello very quickly after pressing the home key and wondered if I was seeing things.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

hello sometimes unlocks the phone while you try to take a picture after just holding the camera button, really annoying, and most likely a variation of what you described here

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The camera app lets you look only on that single photo or any photos you took during this time. Anything else requires a pin/iris scan. So you can hit home, it requires pin/iris and if I hit "view all photos" in the photo app I get the same thing.

Here's the funny part. Under accounts where it says "require sign-in" if you set it to say 15 minutes, It still scans your iris every time. You can just swipe up before it even scans and it will let you in. That seems to be a long running bug. But in a way it may deter people from trying the swipe up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills