For a general information
I Have devices 1520, 930 & 950 XL
I updated simultaneously them.
Result; 930 ends up first
Then 1520 2 or 3 minutes later
950 XL 20 minutes later

3 phones have same settings and apps
apps all central memory.
Strange that the theorical one is the slowest.....
950 XL is very desapointing; probably firmware was made in a hurry and that device is not a daily usable set

Marco

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
For a general information
I Have devices 1520, 930 & 950 XL
I updated simultaneously them.
Result; 930 ends up first
Then 1520 2 or 3 minutes later
950 XL 20 minutes later

3 phones have same settings and apps
apps all central memory.
Strange that the theorical one is the slowest.....
950 XL is very desapointing; probably firmware was made in a hurry and that device is not a daily usable set

Marco

There was also a configuration update. It's possible that 950XL had extra changes and had some extra patches applied.

The device runs snappy and there are no issues really for ME. I'm on firmware 15506 but still awaiting the latest one.

As for this release:

It seems thus far that the word flow keyboard has improved in this release. I'm not noticing some of the weird stuff that it was choosing for words.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Still hasn't fixed an issue where, when I reply to messages (GroupMe, text, etc) from the action center (before unlocking my phone), the keyboard is invisible (but still types letter....this is using the white theme). So annoying to pull down the action center, start replying to a text (which is extremely convenient because I dont' need to unlock the phone), only to find that I can't see the freaking letters when I'm typing.

WesleyBPeres

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
MS need to learn how to update a phone. It started to download. After that, I needed some MBs to update. I started uninstalling the apps and when I tried again it download everything again. Now I need 1.2GB of free space and I already deleted every app that can be uninstalled on phone ??

Why it can't first check if you have the requirements and after that download something that will not be lost in the system. The system had 3.4GB and now it has 4.6GB...

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My 950 XL still can't see the update (ATT US)... Anyone seeing the same issue? I tried changing to new release preview ring and back but still nothing.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
(950xl single sim) the following apps have been updated along with the os:

connect
ms account
ms edge
print dialog
settings
windows feedback
work or school account

wp_ss_20160211_0002.png

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
On Lumia 950 and I can no longer setup a new connection to an exchange email account. Existing connections work OK but I get a settings out of date message when I try setting up a new exchange account.

Neither can I revert back to slow ring or production from Insider.. When I reboot and do phone update, it says theres no update available and Im stuck on 107 which is slightly worrying

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Neither can I revert back to slow ring or production from Insider.. When I reboot and do phone update, it says theres no update available and Im stuck on 107 which is slightly worrying
I don't think the intention was to allow a revision rollback directly by changing your Insider preference. You will likely have to use the WDRT to flash back to the default version for your device first. Then you can use the slow ring or production ring to get the version specific to that ring.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the intention was to allow a revision rollback directly by changing your Insider preference. You will likely have to use the WDRT to flash back to the default version for your device first. Then you can use the slow ring or production ring to get the version specific to that ring.

This is 1000% correct. The intention is for the dev preview to NOT be used on a daily driver. So if its a funky build, rolling back with WDRT and updating to 71 isnt an issue because you arent supposed to be using it for a full OS experience. This is a major issue, IMO, contributing to the negative POV of win10m. Everyone and their mom is able to use an unfinished product... yet these geniuses downloading it have the nerve to complain it isnt finished. Im in awe every time i read posts like this. MS is killing win10m, not from a lack of effort, but from a lack of controlling the product from the general know nothing public who just want to be cool.

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I share your frustration. Also, their math is off. I have learned to free up a bit more space than they request.

Another trick I learned to freeing up space was to greatly reduce my email sync window. Instead of syncing emails from months ago, I reduce ot to only sync last few days. After the upgrade, I change it back to sync the normal linger period.

BTK2912

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I updated both my L930 and L950 without issue. Both are running well and I'm pleased with their performance with this build. What I'm not so happy about is the now constant crap in the forums and comments regarding Microsoft and Windows 10 mobile, if these people are so unhappy with the platform move to another as I don't care about your individual nonsensical rants.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism