Windows 10 better ram menagment then 8.1?

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I've been switching from 8.1 to 10 and back couple of times just to test this and i do find something interesting. In my 830 i get quite a lot loading/resuming/unresponsabe applications (even camera!) and noticebly slower swiching from app to app. But i do get none of that on windows 10. I've spend over a month on 10 one time and i got zero loading/resuming and when i roll back to 8.1 just in 10 days i've got like 3.
What's going on with it?

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been switching from 8.1 to 10 and back couple of times just to test this and i do find something interesting. In my 830 i get quite a lot loading/resuming/unresponsabe applications (even camera!) and noticebly slower swiching from app to app. But i do get none of that on windows 10. I've spend over a month on 10 one time and i got zero loading/resuming and when i roll back to 8.1 just in 10 days i've got like 3.
What's going on with it?

W10M has a dramatically superior RAM management when using UWP apps, even on my 520 (512MB RAM) I can have like 15 of them opened and switch instantly, something impossible on WP8.1.

This only works for UWP apps, old Silverlight WP8.1 apps don't as much as the newer ones.

In fact if you only use old apps in W10M the RAM management it's very similar (only slightly better) to WP8.1 with resuming and so on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills