How do I add people to an event on calendar of Windows 10 Mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How do I add people to an event on calendar of windows 10 mobile

How do I add people to an event on calendar of windows 10 mobile

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I add people to an event on calendar of windows 10 mobile

In the Event details, on the right side, there's a "People" header.
Under this, there's a text box with "Invite Someone" by default in the box. If you start typing a contact here (assuming your contacts are linked to your account), it will auto-populate and you can choose contact(s) to add.
That's it, send it, and your invitees will get the same calendar item...

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you using an account that supports the standard IMAP protocols? An easy example is hotmail, but gmail and many others support this too.
If your email provider doesn't implement or expose all of these, I suspect the calendar item simply won't show the functionality.
It's easy to test, add a hotmail or outlook.com account, and see if you can invite someone from that calendar...

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Same here on my Lumia 950. On the people tab there is no "invite someone" field. However, I use my MS account (outlook email) and on Windows 10 desktop version this "invite" field is working.
Any news about this?

andus58

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
@pgrey - This worked perfectly fine before in 8.1. The problem is in 10, not in imap etc etc. This is an important feature and should be fixed by MS. Pointless having to go into Desktop diaries to then invite people. From a business perspective this is a huge ommission to a great upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven