New Build Available 10586.242

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Windows Mobile 10 Build 10586.242 being pushed out to Release Preview Ring - MSPoweruser

Edit:

Improvements to general application compatibility
◾Improvements in the upgrade experience, including fixing an issue where some devices would lose data connections or touch input after upgrading to Windows 10.
◾Improved the reliability of reminders
◾Improved UI for tracking data usage under Settings > Network and wireless > Data Usage.
◾Improved the navigation bar experience for some devices.
◾Fixed an issue where some SD card readers were not recognized
◾Updated Daylight Saving in countries with Daylight Saving changes

Last edited:

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I just unenrolled from preview. On my 1520 .218 has been the most stable with the best battery life I've had since moving to 10. I don't think it's going to get much better for Lumia 1520 owners at this point. Maybe if some amazing feature comes to 10586 I'll jump back in.

Fingers crossed it keeps getting better for everyone.

akshay waghray

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Everyone says navigation bar is hidden while accessing some apps. I dont c any difference.m on l630 ds with 242 build. can you explain me how to hide the navigation bar.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone says navigation bar is hidden while accessing some apps. I dont c any difference.m on l630 ds with 242 build. can you explain me how to hide the navigation bar.

The 630 series phones cannot hide their navigation bar. The phone was designed to appear as a typical 480x800 display to apps with the navigation bar off limits. (sure, it happens depending on video playback but that's it)

KRUNAL JADAV

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I have 640XL Dual sim with me. After Updating to 10586.218 build there are many issues that i had faced . First Battery Life that i got very poor than 8.1.2. Secondly many apps and games freeze and crashes frequently like when ever i m using default camera app and tried to use manual or even automatic mode it crashes after clicked single Photo. Even Photo App its not good as it is in Windows 8.1.2. plus they remove many features & app that have in the Lumia Camera App like Bracket Shots with Different exposures, Refocus App.The Facebook App also crashes eventually many times for me.I don't get it the point to remove old use full and responsive APPS!!! I hope that in next update 10586.242 this might be solved.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Since this build on my 1520.3 my battery is now discharging at 6.5% per hour. Before this build it was at 2.5% per hour

Seeing the opposite on my 950 XL. Went from 2-3% discharge to about 1-1.5% per hour with location and Cortana turned back on.

Wish everyone saw an improvement!

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Feels snappier and they fixed the crazy song name text marquee in groove music from .164.

So far I'm recommending it.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
the OS finally feels usable-stable enough after .164 or so, but the core apps are still running like Chinese iphones from 2009

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have 640XL Dual sim with me. After Updating to 10586.218 build there are many issues that i had faced . First Battery Life that i got very poor than 8.1.2. Secondly many apps and games freeze and crashes frequently like when ever i m using default camera app and tried to use manual or even automatic mode it crashes after clicked single Photo. Even Photo App its not good as it is in Windows 8.1.2. plus they remove many features & app that have in the Lumia Camera App like Bracket Shots with Different exposures, Refocus App.The Facebook App also crashes eventually many times for me.I don't get it the point to remove old use full and responsive APPS!!! I hope that in next update 10586.242 this might be solved.

Well, has it?

jpminou

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Guys how can i get this build,I'm new to widows phones,i have lumia 930 and the insider 1001 build.
My phone can't be detected by pc to roll back with Windows recovery.
So how and thanks in advanced.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to try this but I've just recently rolled back to 8.1 because audio notifications for messaging and whatsapp haven't been working on my 930 running .218

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, what is the full build version you are running? OS build.
It sounds like u are in the fast ring running the latest Redstone build. The update mentioned in this thread is for 10586 threshold. If you are on Redstone then the only way back to threshold is the Windows Device Recovery Tool.

tanveerbhatti

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey... Did someone tried 10586.242 latest build on 512 mb devices??? How is the performance of .242 build???
Before this build my Lumia 625 was freezing 4,5 times a day

jpminou

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, what is the full build version you are running? OS build.
It sounds like u are in the fast ring running the latest Redstone build. The update mentioned in this thread is for 10586 threshold. If you are on Redstone then the only way back to threshold is the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
Yes it seems the latest Redstone version from fast ring.
If i enroll from insider can i get this build?
I'm asking cause i had the phone few months ago and since updating to wm10 i cannot connect my phone to my pc so i cannot use Windows recovery tool. I tried all the possibility available on the Internet and in this forum but no solution, so I'm stuck can't revert to 8.1

Is there any way to revert via ota?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs