Why am I unable to send or receive picture messages after the Windows 10 upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why am i unable to send or receive picture messages after windows 10 upgrade??

We did an upgrade on our son's phone to windows 10, and now he can not send or receive any picture text messages. When he goes to send one it comes up with a small line saying sending SIM msg, and when he gets a picture msg it says to download, but he can not download it. Can anyone help?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why am i unable to send or receive picture messages after windows 10 upgrade??

Use this site to find your country and carrier then use the values they provide: World Wide Mobile Phone Settings Or check the help pages at your Carrier's website.

W10M: Settings > Network & Wireless > Cellular & SIM > SIM settings > Add an MMS APN > enter the values > make sure the "Apply this profile" box is checked > tap Save.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why am i unable to send or receive picture messages after windows 10 upgrade??

We did an upgrade on our son's phone to windows 10, and now he can not send or receive any picture text messages. When he goes to send one it comes up with a small line saying sending SIM msg, and when he gets a picture msg it says to download, but he can not download it. Can anyone help?
I am able to send and receive photos with a message text on my L640 running insider preview 420. However, my wife's 640 running 8.1 is unable to do so. I carefully compared the appropriate settings on both phones and they seem to be the same. I plan to call my carrier, Consumer Cellular to see what their take is...

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I am able to send and receive photos with a message text on my L640 running insider preview 420. However, my wife's 640 running 8.1 is unable to do so. I carefully compared the appropriate settings on both phones and they seem to be the same. I plan to call my carrier, Consumer Cellular to see what their take is...
Just a short update. I contacted CC. We reviewed all the settings, restarted and they did something on their end. Nothing helped. They apologized and said they could do no more.
Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99