Install Old MS Messenger app on Win10M? Solved

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
hmmm I am very tempted to try this.... I wonder if it will still send notifications to the Microsoft Band Messenger tile (something else we lost with the update)

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I am unable to install. I get the message asking to install the app and then it just flips back to the file explorer. In developer made and changed to .xap. Any other suggestions?

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure if it can be done that way.... the instructions in the second post are the ones I followed that require you to load it from a PC.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Yep, as Anamnesis said, you have to install it from PC using a XAP Deployer. And you also first need to uninstall the previous installation of Messenger, otherwise it will throw an error.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
So I just got around to side loading the old Facebook Messenger app this past weekend. Oh what a relief, this one works soooooo much better than the newer ported app. Just wanted to chime in to say thanks to all for the guidance!! Much appreciated.

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
But I don't have access to a PC at the moment and I want to see how the old one works.. Any alternative variant that can be done only on phone or (Android) tablet?

Sent from mTalk on my Lumia 535.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
You can download the .xap file to your phone and install it from there. Just be sure to save it on your phone memory (not sd card) and uninstall the previous version of messenger prior to installing the downloaded one.

EDIT: This method not always works, but.. you can at least try..

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
You can download the .xap file to your phone and install it from there. Just be sure to save it on your phone memory (not sd card) and uninstall the previous version of messenger prior to installing the downloaded one.

EDIT: This method not always works, but.. you can at least try..

I get a message asking if I want to install the app, therefore I'm brought back at the folder where the .xap is saved. Obviously didn't work. I guess I'll just be using the new one for like a week, until I get access to a PC. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
So, I eventually got access to a PC today, I tried to download WPV XAP Deployer 2.0 from a couple of places and when I run it "the program has stopped working".. Can someone send me a link for it which actually works?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99