Airline Boarding Pass with WM

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to use Boarding Pass files (.pkpass) files on W10M More specifically, how can I get it to work with American Airlines. When I use the website to send electronic boarding pass it sends a web link and a PDF. I can't use the PDF on the phone at security. The weblink stops working about 20 minutes prior to boarding, or if you have connections. How do I get airlines to send a .pkpass file to a windows phone?

Any frequent flyers out there?

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm a one-world frequent flier who uses American Airlines a fair bit and thought I'd succesfully used their boarding cards this summer on W10m ... but of course it's also easy to have a selective memory. As I had stopovers, I may have got updates and one of my flights to San Diego from Austin was re-routed via LAX, instead of Phoenix - which would have probably had a replacement paper boarding pass.

I take it that you pin to start? Do you use an AA app, or just standard email for the passes?

mojophone

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Just curious why you can't use the PDF at security? I usually just open the boarding pass (weblink or PDF) and take a screenshot of it -- quick, easy access at security. The gate could possibly change after taking the screenshot, but that doesn't affect getting through.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I fly a lot, and always use the qrcode on my phone no problems. Air Canada mostly. No app, I have an email with a link to my boarding pass, I can then screen snap it if I really need or I just leave it open on edge browser.

I've annoyed many gate agents with chat notifications coming right when trying to scan lol.

Felix Wong

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Like Anthony, I fly a lot and have not printed a boarding pass in years despite using a Windows phone without airline apps.

I used the screenshot method as well. Even have done so a lot for Frontier which explicitly states on the boarding pass page, "Unless you are utilizing the Frontier mobile app, you must present a printed version of your boarding pass. Our mobile app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play for Android devices."

Not once did I have a problem getting through airport security or boarding with boarding pass screenshots on my Windows phone. Have done so with Southwest and United too.

Made a quick video (with a Surface Pro 4) demonstrating the procedure here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zskqyx49CUs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786