Will Microsoft launch new windows phones?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft released the Lumia 950, 950 XL, 550, and the 650 in that time frame so they have released devices.

Microsoft has had partners that also released devices, such as the HP Elite x3, Acer Jade Primo, Acer Liquid M330 and a few others. They are most likely not going to release any mobile devices this year.

harshil50

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
yes...but there looks are not good and there specification, features also poor. they all are new in this market.if Microsoft will design new phones with better decent look it's like a professional phones.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft should take it's time with rumoured surface phone , take all time you want cause just think of it, the Surface lines of products just wows you, always pioneering a new type of way things are done with such device ,if they are to bring out surface in mobile factor, it has to wow us by doing something totally amazing that everyone would want, not just high end specs, we already know Surface products bring high end specs ,but the ability to do something that no other phone has done before.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft released the Lumia 950, 950 XL, 550, and the 650 in that time frame so they have released devices.

Microsoft has had partners that also released devices, such as the HP Elite x3, Acer Jade Primo, Acer Liquid M330 and a few others. They are most likely not going to release any mobile devices this year.
Unfortunately, most of these devices are sold out on most of the online shopping sites in many countries including India. As such, if any of my friends ask me which Windows Phone to buy, the only answer I give them is - "There aren't any. Please wait for a year."

harshil50

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
The other company's launch new phone but thay aren't present windows proper.even than nokia was produce very well phone then now senario.

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
When Samsung gives out their flagships, it's like: Ooo yeeeyyy, 2016 sept we release S6 and about 2-3 months later they basically announce that yes, we release new S7 and before they launch S7 there will be rumors what kind of phone should be S8. I love that when i bought my Lumia 950, i can live with that, without worrying about that there will be new flagship soon, and mine is old !!! And i love to see, how dumb people waste their 800$ every year to new phone because its just new S series and nothing more.

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft should take it's time with rumoured surface phone , take all time you want cause just think of it, the Surface lines of products just wows you, always pioneering a new type of way things are done with such device ,if they are to bring out surface in mobile factor, it has to wow us by doing something totally amazing that everyone would want, not just high end specs, we already know Surface products bring high end specs ,but the ability to do something that no other phone has done before.

And even then it might not be enough. Especially without carrier (Verizon) support.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I think they will launch it, now as we know what the target features of RS2 are going to be it is probably going to come with RS3. They still are improving Continuum experience and can't abandon HP as they probably sold quite a few of the x3s.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I think they will launch it, now as we know what the target features of RS2 are going to be it is probably going to come with RS3. They still are improving Continuum experience and can't abandon HP as they probably sold quite a few of the x3s.

I think 950/XLs are doing better in sales than Elite x3

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I think 950/XLs are doing better in sales than Elite x3
Probably yes as they have been around for over a year but those are MS's own devices, I would feel even more obligated to support the platform if there are other OEM's phones hitting the ecosystem. Give the x3 a year and let's check statistics then.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
no...now they also work with hardware...look today event surface studio is a one of the best example of hardware.

MS doesn't launch hardware unless it can re-invent or create new categories. All Ms hardware has some level of innovation to help lead tech and windows software forward. A phone that looks good isn't going to do that. That's the equivalent of releasing a plain laptop that looks good.

Charles Roddie

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
MS doesn't launch hardware unless it can re-invent or create new categories. All Ms hardware has some level of innovation to help lead tech and windows software forward. A phone that looks good isn't going to do that. That's the equivalent of releasing a plain laptop that looks good.
The community surface phone designs look pretty novel. The ones with stylus and keyboard. The nearest thing to them is the Samsung note 7 but that doesn't have a keyboard and it explodes.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The community surface phone designs look pretty novel. The ones with stylus and keyboard. The nearest thing to them is the Samsung note 7 but that doesn't have a keyboard and it explodes.

You know the majority of phone owners grew up without physical keyboards but using ipads/iphones. It's not an appealing feature to the mass market. Maybe in continuum for business. But anyone can get a bluetooth keyboard for their iphone/android. It has 0 advantage.

CSMR250

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Not 0 advantage as Bluetooth keyboards are clunky. Often they come as part of a case. A keyboard designed in conjunction with a phone with physical connections is much better than attaching a Bluetooth keyboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)