Custom Ringtones not working

terra

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
i cannot see the ringtone folder on the phone
where is it buried????? What is the path?

I transferred the ringtones from the Pc, to the sd card. Once on the sdcard, i then used a file/folders app to transfer them to the ringtone folder on the device. The app sees the folder, explorer doesn't
Guess what!?, it doesn't recognize a thing. What is wrong with a simple file transfer the way it worked on WP8.1

i converted the files to .m4a.
then copied over to the phone(sdcard). the phone asked if they should be converted first. "YES", that's a good sign.
i then transferred the files to the Ringtones folder, and guess what, nothing was being registered, rebooted, no difference.

any suggestions?

terra

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
hi

The formats that are compatible, are mp3/wma/m4a. I have tried it with all the formats.
what ringtone editor? If you mean Ringtone Maker, that can take a part of a song, and create a ringtone from it.
My ringtones are already the right size, as they worked perfectly in W8.1M.
I also have about 350 ringtones, converting them one at time is not practical.

Thx!

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
The only way I could get it working was to transfer via the Windows PC to Phone software app interface. It won't accept any other method for what ever reason. That took me over a month to figure that one out.

Just dragging to the phone or the SD card does nothing.

terra

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
The only way I could get it working was to transfer via the Windows PC to Phone software app interface. It won't accept any other method for what ever reason. That took me over a month to figure that one out.

Just dragging to the phone or the SD card does nothing.

What "Phone software app interface" can you explain in more detail.

When I open the Phone folder thru explorer on the pc, i don't even see a ringtone folder.

terra

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I used the Windows 10 phone app, no difference. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

My desktop W10 Home or Pro, and i'm running W10M on the phone

I'm really getting fed up with w10m.

Does anyone know why i cannot see the ringtone folder on the phone, when i'm using windows explorer?
where is it buried????? What is the path?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo