Has anybody noticed windows 10 mobile has actually gotten really good lately?

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Have to agree with this.

W10M got bad, then got better (probably because it was so bad for so long), then got bad again. Then a little better, now, for me it has gotten worse than ever.

Device: 950
FW: 01078.00053.16236.35022
HW: 2.1.6.2

Same here. OS: 10.0.14393.448(non insider)
A lot of strange bugs that never appeared before (sometimes freezing during alarm clock or playing tunein radio, auto rotate stops working, camera gets black screen..), after one year the phone is worse than ever before, excluding first two weeks with catastrophic bluetooth bug.

Lumia 950XL,

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Same here too. My 950xl has been awful on 14393.448, the worst it's been for a long while. 3 hard resets and using the WDRT have settled it a bit but I just hope the next update gets it at least back, stability and battery wise, to where it was. Interestingly I have a L730 on R2 with insider and apart from some of the obvious beta bugs, the phone it a lot smoother and more stable than the the 950 on .448....

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here. OS: 10.0.14393.448(non insider)
A lot of strange bugs that never appeared before (sometimes freezing during alarm clock or playing tunein radio, auto rotate stops working, camera gets black screen..), after one year the phone is worse than ever before, excluding first two weeks with catastrophic bluetooth bug.

Lumia 950XL,
Yeah exactly! I thought I was the only one.. I was on a trip, and I can't count the times I was a bit embarrassed with all the stuff not working on my 950XL. I ended up rebooting because of bluetooth not connecting to my car, auto rotate stopped working, one time after pinch zooming on a photo it wouldn't pan, the camera app would give a crazy washed out preview, but then looking at the picture in the photos app it looked fine, etc. What happened?!

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
.448 and I am enjoying my experience, I have never had a crash or reboot, not once, as things are at the moment I am happy with W10M and .448, I think we are due a new update very soon so we will see what that brings?? (L950)
Loving the forum support too, very good place for W10M advice etc,

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Frost (weather forecast) now has stopped working. Has anyone else experienced this? Also AccuWeather live tile will not display current location.

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
On 10.0.14393.693 and the phone is getting increasingly unstable. Unlock not responding, apps not responding, Edge freezing and not loading pages, TuneIn just stopping at 02:48:05 every time. Has anyone experienced these issues?

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
14393.726 no probs except for satellite on my map that struggle's to show anything, could be where my location is sometimes when I'm working.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is that on insider preview?

yea Insider Release Preview ring....

the updates had come pretty quickly so I didn't even get to try too much on 14393.693. I knew I didn't like the auto brightness on 693 and I felt it was rebooting often. My daily stuff otherwise was ok, don't remember if I used Maps, I normally don't unless I'm traveling.

14393.726 was good for me with less reboots (still happens) better auto dimming but everything works fine, including maps when I was in Northern Ontario (Timmins) and driving around there I got everywhere great! Well some POI I had to manually find and fix a few things.

I try to fix Maps POI everytime I see something. A lot smoother to do right on the phone now instead of relying to go back to desktop website to do it.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I also noticed on production build things stop working more often I am having to restart the phone. Main apps like camera, Cortana, email. Performance feels slower also. No improvement here...:eek:rly:

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Also its been taking forever to get 14695 for show ring, like all night and hearts up and eats my battery, also downloading apps are taking forever.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Fast ring, latest update, Lumia 640XL.

W10 was coming along nicely until this update.
BT disconnects a lot, or just refuses to connect to my car's radio. BT config just won't open.
Multitasking, as bad as it was, just got worse. Apps crashing, closing for good, etc.
I was entertaining taking the Lumia on a week long trip, mainly because of the better battery and the larger screen, but the phone just isn't reliable enough.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Fast ring, latest update, Lumia 640XL.

W10 was coming along nicely until this update.
BT disconnects a lot, or just refuses to connect to my car's radio. BT config just won't open.
Multitasking, as bad as it was, just got worse.

BT was a known issue Microsoft announced though for the fast ring build, you can't really complain about it not being reliable.

JCDiederiks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
its been 6 months since I last has a Windows 10 phone, and I must say the difference is incredible, previously my 930 could hardly go a day without crashing or freezing or both, but now on a new 1520 there's a massive improvement, nice and stable, great battery life, really enjoying it!

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Just so people understand, the Lumia 920 never competed with the iPhone 5. It competed with the iPhone 4S in GPU and CPU power. iPhone 5 competed with Snapdragon S4 Pro quad/600, 2 GB.

The Lumia 930 is more or less the one that competed against the 5. Even the 950 XL, in 2015, competed against the iPhone 6, not 6S.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
BT was a known issue Microsoft announced though for the fast ring build, you can't really complain about it not being reliable.
Well, I think I CAN complain. :)

How long since 10 is out? We HAVE GOT to have a place where "beta" is not an excuse for "we don't have a clue what we are doing so we keep cycling defects".

Being beta and all can't really forgive the perpetual mess we get every update.

Update means going forward and fixing stuff. That's not what we see...

Sent from mTalk

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think I CAN complain. :)

How long since 10 is out? We HAVE GOT to have a place where "beta" is not an excuse for "we don't have a clue what we are doing so we keep cycling defects".

Being beta and all can't really forgive the perpetual mess we get every update.

Update means going forward and fixing stuff. That's not what we see...

Sent from mTalk

Yes you can complain but you have to be cognizant of what they want insiders to do for them. And the place where '"beta" is not an excuse' is called Windows 10 Production. Or even Release Preview if you're adventurous ;)

I know you probably know the following response and you'll say yes you accepted the insider warning but if people keep complaining then this has to be said and in actuality, you don't accept the insider warning lol.

Insiders are to test stuff out and give comment on the stuff they did. They obviously didn't want any comment about bluetooth stuff since they straight out and said it wasn't working well. But they listed all this other stuff they wanted comment on. It doesn't matter how they go about developing and releasing in the fast ring.... they want to see if something they did breaks anything and they already knew about bluetooth settings/settings menu and stuff.

Maybe this retrenchment/breaking stuff on insider was on purpose to clean up the insider ring membership lol.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can complain but you have to be cognizant of what they want insiders to do for them. And the place where '"beta" is not an excuse' is called Windows 10 Production. Or even Release Preview if you're adventurous ;)

I know you probably know the following response and you'll say yes you accepted the insider warning but if people keep complaining then this has to be said and in actuality, you don't accept the insider warning lol.

Insiders are to test stuff out and give comment on the stuff they did. They obviously didn't want any comment about bluetooth stuff since they straight out and said it wasn't working well. But they listed all this other stuff they wanted comment on. It doesn't matter how they go about developing and releasing in the fast ring.... they want to see if something they did breaks anything and they already knew about bluetooth settings/settings menu and stuff.

Maybe this retrenchment/breaking stuff on insider was on purpose to clean up the insider ring membership lol.
Or, maybe, and this (can't) be a shock to any Windows long time user, this is just MS screwing around with software.
Ever since we have Windows, and MS for the matter, RELEASED products get to the shelves screwed. It just couldn't be any better with beta.
For all you said and meant, all I can agree is that, yes, this is my fault for using it. "IT" being W10 beta software or MS altogether.

There's a cure for this kind of dependence, this Stockholm syndrome if you may. And, curious enough, MS is the sole provider: now that they abandon hardware every year or so (just another way of screwing), I guess I may find myself cured.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)