side effects after using Bluetooth

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a weird Bluetooth (from here on BT) issue on my unlocked ATT Lumia 640.
After I used BT in driving mode, then, even though hands-free device have been disconnected from the phone long ago, and even with BT on the phone switched off, incoming calls are always redirected to "BT" device. It means that, after accepting the call, I have to tap on the highlighted BT logo in the call menu to redirect sound to speaker. Always! :angry:
It is annoying beyond measure. Btw, switching phone off and on helps - till the next BT usage...
The issue is somewhat similar to this one.

Anyone experienced such a thing? Any fixes?
Thanks.

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
...and (yes, I keep talking to myself) I also noticed, that if I switch off hands-free device first, so the phone disconnects from it, and then switch bluetooth off on the phone itself, everything works fine. The bug appears when I switch phone bluetooth off first - which I'm used to, as the hands-free has a timeout, after which it will shut itself down, if disconnected. So now I'm always switching hands-free off first. It is still easier than restarting the phone twice a day.
But is is obviously a bug. In WM8 it was working correctly.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a weird Bluetooth (from here on BT) issue on my unlocked ATT Lumia 640.
After I used BT in driving mode, then, even though hands-free device have been disconnected from the phone long ago, and even with BT on the phone switched off, incoming calls are always redirected to "BT" device. It means that, after accepting the call, I have to tap on the highlighted BT logo in the call menu to redirect sound to speaker. Always! :angry:
It is annoying beyond measure. Btw, switching phone off and on helps - till the next BT usage...
The issue is somewhat similar to this one.

Anyone experienced such a thing? Any fixes?
Thanks.

Yes I do have the same problem as you have on my Icon, It's starting like two update's ago I believe and it's a pain. No way of fixing as far as I know of.

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes I do have the same problem as you have on my Icon, It's starting like two update's ago I believe and it's a pain. No way of fixing as far as I know of.

Try shut down or disconnect bluetooth device first, and then shut down bluetooth on the phone. I.e. do not switch phone bluetooth off while the external device is connected.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been seeing the same issue.

I pair with Plantronics BT headphones at work and then when I leave work and have turned off BT, when a phone call comes in, I go to answer it and find out that the Bluetooth is selected and I have to press Bluetooth so that I can actually talk to the person on the other end.

has only been happening since the last update for me (i am on the release ring on Lumia Icon).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium