Facebook Messenger huge update on mobile

LGJAZ

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I have Facebook Messenger installed but there is no phone icon on my 650.

My wife has a 640 and the phone icon shows up and she is able to make calls.

There seems to be no option for calls on my install, is there something else I need to do to enable this function.

In the first post on this thread on the home screen there is a phone icon and a plus sign, I just have the plus sign.

Snowsky419

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
What happens with photos that are taken with Facebook Messenger? Are they automatically uploaded to Facebook and/or sent to other people? Or just saved on the device?

Also, does the Facebook Messenger app need to be updated? Or will older versions of the app continue to work?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Is my phone number required to enable phone calls through Messenger?
I did not give my phone number to Facebook (they have too much information already as it is)

I do not have the option to make phone calls through Messenger (Is it because I did not give my number?)

boky69

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
The official one is more stable now. The beta version still has camera flicker problems but it's already fixed in the official app.
This not true. Official version crash when use camera,or try select photos in gallery.
Beta version still has camera flicker but works!
Phone is lumia 950

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I have Facebook Messenger installed but there is no phone icon on my 650.

My wife has a 640 and the phone icon shows up and she is able to make calls.

There seems to be no option for calls on my install, is there something else I need to do to enable this function.

In the first post on this thread on the home screen there is a phone icon and a plus sign, I just have the plus sign.

The call option shows up only on the first start of the app. The second time you launch it disappears.

Sent from mTalk

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Is my phone number required to enable phone calls through Messenger?
I did not give my phone number to Facebook (they have too much information already as it is)

I do not have the option to make phone calls through Messenger (Is it because I did not give my number?)

No, it's not because you didn't give your number. The function isn't available yet.

Sent from mTalk

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
The issue that Facebook won't fix is the startup screen where you have the option to use your phone number INSTEAD of a Facebook account. That link is broken and there is no foreseeable alternative. SO THEY NEED TO FIX THAT DAMN LINK!!!

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Also, I can't see all the shared photos with a certain person. We used to have that but it was crashing when scrolling. So they removed it. Is this how you fix stuff Facebook? By removing them? Also I really don't like the iOS style, can't they do a metro design? Really annoying.

P.S.: The solution is to make the app native again. Even though the iOS-ported app suggests that we get all the new functions, we still don't have the snap feature. So having a ported one is pointless at this point.

Sent from mTalk

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Also, I can't see all the shared photos with a certain person. We used to have that but it was crashing when scrolling. So they removed it. Is this how you fix stuff Facebook? By removing them? Also I really don't like the iOS style, can't they do a metro design? Really annoying.

P.S.: The solution is to make the app native again. Even though the iOS-ported app suggests that we get all the new functions, we still don't have the snap feature. So having a ported one is pointless at this point.

Sent from mTalk
I've found that if u touch that persons name then rotate the screen to landscape and go back to portrait the shared photos show up

Sent from Idol 4S

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Absolute crap. Takes about 10 seconds to load on my Lumia 950, auto-correct doesn't work, push notifications extremely unreliable.

Montpbm

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Facts. I'm hate the new Facebook apps because of this slow buggy stupid app. I hope all of those stupid companies - Facebook, SnapChat's stupid ceo go out of business. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077