"White list" apps on quiet hours"

Valter Baptista1

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i was wandering if there is a way to enable some apps do don't display notification sounds in certain periods of time.

For instance, when i am working, i want to receive the notifications sound from outlook calendar reminders, e-mails, and calls with my lumia 950. So for that, i leave the volume up on my phone, however i don't want to receive any more notifications sounds from any other app that distracts me like facebook or FB messenger, or even instagram. I just want to do this when i am working, after i leve my work i want all the notifications working

I thinked Quiet Hours from cortana would work, but i don't how to to enable notifications to work. Is it possible to have a list of apps that still play notification sounds with quiet hours enabled? Or is there any app that does such a thing?

Thank you :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if you can do that for calendar reminders and emails. For calls, you can set contacts as breakthrough ones that will break through the quiet hours to let the call through.

Valter Baptista1

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if you can do that for calendar reminders and emails. For calls, you can set contacts as breakthrough ones that will break through the quiet hours to let the call through.

Do you know if there is such app that can do that? and besides that i want the phone app to be able to receive all calls.

Last edited:

rrohret

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 735 used to do this built into the operating system but with the upgrade to Windows 10 this functionality is removed. Outlook meetings would silence the phone. Not any more as near as I can tell. Thanks Microsoft for one more reason to kill this product. My android 3 years ago could do this with multiple apps. There are no apps to do it now either. Lose-lose.**

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
quiet hours filtering is applied on contacts, not apps, would be a great suggestion to add the later

also a bit infuriating its only cellular contacts, apps like skype should adhere to the same behavior at least for linked contacts

short answer is no you cannot do that, and no magical app will achieve that functionality either; why? lets call it a w10m limitation

EDIT: I just realized there's another way to do what you want, allow the mail and phone apps to always run in background and turn battery saver mode on, only apps allowed to always run will keep pushing notifications while on battery saver mode, lets just hope you don't need to keep your phone charging while doing that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb