Twitter (client) - banner notifications for tweets

ChrischeHH

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've been testing around with a few Twitter clients (including the official one) for some time and can't seem to figure out how to setup banner notifications for new tweets of the people that I follow. All I get are mail notifications by the official app.

Is there a client that is capable of banner notifications? Would be great if you could share your experience with your favorite Twitter client and tell me, if that kind of notifications are available there.

Thanks in advance!
Christian

Lumia 550
Release Preview Ring (14393.693)

daren629

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by ChrischeHH
Hi guys,

I've been testing around with a few Twitter clients (including the official one) for some time and can't seem to figure out how to setup banner notifications for new tweets of the people that I follow. All I get are mail notifications by the official app.

Is there a client that is capable of banner notifications? Would be great if you could share your experience with your favorite Twitter client and tell me, if that kind of notifications are available there.

Thanks in advance!
Christian

Lumia 550
Release Preview Ring (14393.693)

From what I understand, none of the Twitter clients for Windows Phone are able to send notifications for those you have on your follow list.

ChrischeHH

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

thanks for you reply!

That's a real shame. I am almost certain that there have been those notifications in the past. A fellow user in another thread hinted that his notification settings for Twitter disappeared after an OS update and haven't come back yet.

The fact that all other 3rd party clients seem to lack that functionality seems suspicious to me, too. So there is definitely something going on OS-wise.

I'll send a feedback @MSFT.

Best
Christian

daren629

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The old official Twitter app DID send follow notifications back when I was using WP 8.1, however, they made some changes to the app and that was one feature that was removed. I use text notifications for those I follow. You can set that up by going to the notification settings on Twitter from a desktop. They have been gradually improving the app and I'm hoping they add those notifications back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss