1GB Ram is it ENOUGH for future builds?

emamitabha

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Most of the Lumia line up have 1GB Ram (mid-budget phones) and now it semms that the Future Builds (Creators Update, Project Scorpio etc) not going through this 1GB Ram option. And now this is the question that Is Microsoft preparing their builds for only High-End phones or not?

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Well they know to surprise people.
Before w10m they sell 512Mb RAM phones, soon after then they are not supported for w10m.

Similar thing can be now.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Low ram devices on any platform in my opinion are a failure.
Software multitasking is so important now hardware must match the need.

One and possibly two gig devices are doomed.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Low ram devices on any platform in my opinion are a failure.
Software multitasking is so important now hardware must match the need.

One and possibly two gig devices are doomed.
There's not many 3+ gb ram phones....maybe 4 phones....950/XL, idol, hp.... What else? The few over seas the nuans neo or whatever its called I think

Sent from Idol 4s

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
1 GB might be OK if you don't run many apps at the same time; and if you don't play high graphics games. Most would recpmmend 2GB as minimum, and 3 or 4 GB is getting more common today in best phones.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The Alcatel ONE TOUCH Fierce XL has 2GB with 16GB storage.

Thought that phone might run somewhat speedy on 10.

Not so with it's Snapdragon 200@ 1.1ghz.
It was like a 3 cylinder engine in a dumptruck.
Have u tried it on the fast ring? I'm hearing reports that the creators update speeds up the os on phones 2gb and up. I'm tempted to try it out ill probably wait on the next build since it's pretty much feature complete now

Sent from Idol 4s

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Uh no lol 😁. 1 GB phones won't be able to handle W10 mobile going forward much longer.

Is that really surprising tho?

What phone do you have and when did you buy it?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm quite sure that 1GB is sufficient to handle the W10M OS itself.

I believe it's just the Facebook app that gives us the perception that 1gb is not enough.
When I use my phone (Lumia 735) everything works pretty much except for the Facebook app.

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I believe that independently of the amount of ram, RS2 will be the end of the line for almost every windows phone, maybe all of them. RS3 will be all about desktop and Windows 10 on ARM, which will require some serious horsepower and new hardware. W10 mobile will probably meet the same fate of its predecessors.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What's the average RAM usage of any app under WM10 .

1 gig just won't cut it for multitasking especially with complex connected apps.
Looking back low RAM may have been the number one frustration with WP.

Those blasted resuming dots made many of us weep.

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure ! 1GB ram will be enough for future w10 build or not ! Because look at Facebook they restrict 2GB at least to use Facebook for windows 10 mobile ! Even 1GB ram terribly slow on current build :(

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile has pretty decent RAM management and still works well with 1 GB, if a little slowly. Future updates may even improve this further, but no new feature will be enabled for current devices with 1 GB RAM. It will probably be much easier for MS to focus on developing the w10 platform than to figure out how to run it on lower specs. That said, as of now, future of w10 mobile is not very bright anyways, no matter what configuration the device sports.

GN_Will

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I think it will be enough for future builds but other hardware features may also play a part in limiting the number of phones that will receive the updates. I'm sure Microsoft will keep in mind that most of their phones are mid range and low range.

tonytranupg

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I doubt that 1GB of RAM will be enough because you can't run Windows + apps smoothly. I would recommend selecting a phone with 2GB of RAM at least (3GB would be better).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium