how is your battery life with windows 10

vinnie99

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Just downloading that app...

When I first upgraded my 640 from 8.1 to 10 it was diabolical. Over the past few months I've spent some time optimising settings and also, I guess, getting some updates and now it's pretty good. Had three full days without a recharge, 2 half-hour stints listening to music on my bike, only one call, fair bit of browsing/whatsapp etc. I have email, IMDB and Kindle installed, which have all downloaded stuff etc. Always hard to compare I know, as everyone's usage is different.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
In my experience, it's phone dependent.
My 950 barely gets a day, and a day 2 hours with battery saver on.

For the 640 upgraded to W10M, I remember that battery life was about the same as the 950 but maybe a day and an hour.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had the 950XL on just about every build there is, it's pathetic. Too large a battery for that poor of battery life. Moderate use has me charging at about 40% at noon. It's the processor, I know this. I've even had the phone swapped twice, same result. When I run it for a few days with only native apps in it, I get to about 55% by lunch. MS has really $hit the bed in this aspect of mobile. If their optimum goal was impressive, class leading battery life, there is ZERO chance they would be in the depths they are right now. I still proclaim the Lumia 1020 was their chance if they had ignored the dumb bump and just extended the back to meet it thus nearly tripling the battery size. A 41mp phone with nearly 2 days battery life(non shooting) would have cause gang buster sales. Never eclipsing droid or iPhone, but at least noticeable. But here we are....

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
My Lumia 640 running windows 10 has very excellent standby with approximately half percent per hour drain, but in use it's kind of average(6 -8% per hour. But since it has location on all the time, I have no complaints about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss