No official build coming this Feb

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Every month we get at least one update for windows 10 mobile! Seems like we don't have any in this month! Is Microsoft preparing creator update for w10m ?

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
It's good that Microsoft choose to hold back the update till the bug is fixed. Even with security updates things can break when all the bugs are not resolved before updates are pushed. I would rather have updates that work well rather than get them based on some arbitrary time frame.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It's good that Microsoft choose to hold back the update till the bug is fixed. Even with security updates things can break when all the bugs are not resolved before updates are pushed. I would rather have updates that work well rather than get them based on some arbitrary time frame.

They wouldn't release anything too bad. Keep in mind insiders serves 3 purposes.

*First and foremost the biggest purpose is keeping their fan base. They are forced to retrench because the smartphone market is impossible to penetrate right now.

Technology changes quickly and most companies generally jump on a similar technology that may pan out and is capable of mass production based on how tech has progressed. Windows 10 is being built on the premise that companies all of a sudden may have to shift focus on to something new because another company has found something that is exciting the consumers and they are biting. So you want to be the next one in line for market share. Windows 10 will let them adapt to this new type of hardware quicker than if they had kept a separate OS. And insiders may see these changes occur that may be for the better but seem to be leaving them behind. The idea is if you are really a fan you want MS to give you something new, something everyone will want. You shouldn't expect your current phone to be the revolution that will provide market share.

Next, they don't have to worry about an ecosystem for the device because everything on windows 10 shares the same ecosystem. This is where a lot of the developer tool focus comes in. We see on our phones how things are moving. This also allows people who already moved to ios or android to still keep up to date on windows. It's smart because these people are using other devices and thinking "why doesn't my windows phone do this" and they go and give feedback.

*Feedback system: They know this is coming not only from windows phone users but ios/android users. Features on one of these android/ios phones that are mentioned in feedback are likely to catch everyones attention and get upvoted. They may also have some sort of scanner that will tag specific words because they want more input on it. So even without upvotes they may still see it. This is big because they keep up with peoples needs'. Phones are supposed to create a solution to common problems. The more upvotes the bigger chance it will also be big out in the wild.

*Real world testing with an insane amount of different carriers, locations, configurations and usage scenarios. Nothing you create in the lab will ever give you this much information. Google and Apple are starting to bite and may be following a very similar model eventually.

Think about Google struggling right now to create 2-in-1 laptops/phones. MS showed in the real world that this is popular. Google has been working on trying to add it into android. Had they built android like windows 10 they would already be able to compete with MS at an on par level. But instead they are slowly changing things. And they may scrap one plan for another if things aren't working out. Either way they will likely beat Apple. This is part of why I like windows 10 and think it is unique. I was never really an MS fan and typically used linux for my desktop computing. It wasn't till win 10 that I really started liking their operating system. Oddly enough a lot of people hate it. But I realize it's changing on the fly for people. Just like Chrome OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3