pureview technology is it still relevant

bluekalo

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
i bought lumia phones because of windows os is great and the camera ofcourse is topnotch.
but after this mwc 2017 i wonder what will microsoft do to the camera sensors and the pureview technology. every company in that event laid out there cards.. like the oppo with its lossless zoom feature in which is never new to pureview. sony with its spectacular 900 frames per sec incredible slow motion which 950xl also in a way has a great slow motion feature.

i hope there is continuous development of the pureview technology since lately no updates on the camera app of the lumias.. 950xl and 950 has no lumia apps like the refocus, action shot, cinemagraph

everyone is catching up at par or even more with pureview tech but no news to its development with microsoft.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its frozen on hell, microsoft might or might not put it to use again, and by the time it does it will probably be nothing to get excited about

the pureview team, in some ways, "wrapped up" with the 950 and moved to apple where they can continue their work, so there's that

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft developers are busy to satisfy apple & android users ! They don't have time to think about windows 10 mobile, pure view! Microsoft never value their fan

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I think it's still relevant. I guarantee you we'll see more uses of the PureView technology at a later date. But if Microsoft isn't releasing new phones, they're not releasing new PureView devices. We just have to wait to see what the Surface Phone brings. One thing Surfaces aren't known for is having great cameras (for obvious reasons) so if Microsoft combines their Lumia technologies with Surface they'll have a winner on their hands.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
i bought lumia phones because of windows os is great and the camera ofcourse is topnotch.
but after this mwc 2017 i wonder what will microsoft do to the camera sensors and the pureview technology. every company in that event laid out there cards.. like the oppo with its lossless zoom feature in which is never new to pureview. sony with its spectacular 900 frames per sec incredible slow motion which 950xl also in a way has a great slow motion feature.

i hope there is continuous development of the pureview technology since lately no updates on the camera app of the lumias.. 950xl and 950 has no lumia apps like the refocus, action shot, cinemagraph

everyone is catching up at par or even more with pureview tech but no news to its development with microsoft.
Maybe someone should do a report on this. Asking a Microsoft rep directly. Not just this, but a bunch of the other questions that only general answers seem to be the norm. They either stopped developing, canceled, continuing to develop, will use it later, or etc...who really know?

Be nice if Microsoft would come clean on all the real questions. Not saying this to be a jerk, but it is had not to think they are choosing to lose consumers on purpose. Sure we know Mobile is still a focus, but to some that is cryptic or a little too ambiguous of an answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon