Why is the UI so inconsistent?

srcpt

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
For example: When I want to close all open tabs in Edge, I see a thumbnail gallery and can close each one individually or all at once. If I want to stop background apps from running, the only options are to sweep away one at a time or restart the phone. FWIW, In android I can clear all at once.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
each tab was an active window on task switcher back in 8.1, now we get hamburger menus, side scrolling menus, ellipsis menu, some fonts using all caps, others only initial, others all lower case, and so on

in short, the art guy overseeing the overall design probably left back when they were firing 20k people each month, so now they just do what they feel like doing every day when they have time

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
The point is, the UI is inconsistent. In each case you are closing a "window". Why not make it look the same?

Because the windows within Edge are tabs within the edge app. Different then closing individual apps- which only takes just a few seconds longer to swipe them close one by one.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It's in a constant beta state, this is the reason for the inconsistency (or one of the reasons at least). 8.1 was pretty consistent throughout, but 10 is a bit of a mishmash, good in some areas, not so good in others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss