As per the thread title, is it possible to be able to send an MMS without having to manually turn Wi-Fi off (and then back on again afterwards) every time?

I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 with OS build: 10.0.14393.953
    03-16-2017 10:53 PM
    As per the thread title, is it possible to be able to send an MMS without having to manually turn Wi-Fi off (and then back on again afterwards) every time?

I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 with OS build: 10.0.14393.953
    It's actually how your provider has set up APN's they love charging for MMS , I believe in the US it's included in their data package (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Which provider are you with?

Did it work before?

I'm aware with T Mobile you might need to have Wifi Calling but that could have changed as T mobile ceased to exist in the UK after the Orange merge to form EE and sadly I don't know anyone who uses WiFi calling to check as everyone uses Whatsapp or Minutes.
    03-17-2017 01:09 AM

Which provider are you with?
    Optus (Australia)

Did it work before?
    I was on Boost (Telstra network) before and I thought it did work on that - or maybe I was just sending MMS's when not at home - don't know for sure.

UPDATE;
    I just successfully sent an MMS with Wi-Fi on, so I think it's a network issue, not a phone issue. Optus were having problems with sms's the other day, maybe mms's had a glitch too.
    Last edited by LoomeyTunes64; 03-17-2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Update
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    03-17-2017 01:19 AM
    Optus (Australia)

I was on Boost (Telstra network) before and I thought it did work on that - or maybe I was just sending MMS's when not at home - don't know for sure.

UPDATE;
    I just successfully sent an MMS with Wi-Fi on, so I think it's a network issue, not a phone issue. Optus were having problems with sms's the other day, maybe mms's had a glitch too.

Good to know it works with WiFi in other countries / providers :)

looks like we in the UK will need to keep a sharp eye out... for dodgy behaviour... as EU is abolishing roaming charges and the PM is about to trigger Article 50 to leave the EU...
    03-21-2017 06:25 AM