Outlook Mobile app not working since the service collapsed on March 21, 2017

OkCalis

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday, the Microsoft services were down for many users, but it got fixed after a couple of hours. Today, although I can login and check my mails on the web, my Outlook Mobile client says "my account settings are out of date", and when I tap on the "fix the account" option, a new screen pops up and says "All done. Account has been fixed" However, the app is still broken and a warning icon remains on the "Refresh" button as well as next to my mail account.
My device is Lumia 950.
(OS: 10.0.14393.953)
(Mail&Calendar ver: 17.8016.42008.0)
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Deleted and re-added the account twice. The second time I changed the password right before I re-added it to see if that would force it. No go. It works on Outlook UWP and desktop app on my workstation, and works on the Outlook app on a Galaxy S5 I have. All the contact have been removed from my phone so this is really annoying for sure!

Maarten Langeveld

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
A hard reset is not a very attractive option. And absolutely not customer friendly. But hey, it's Microsoft. We can't blame theme they are not aware they have customers.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I deleted my outlook.com email account. I noticed it was using m.hotmail.com. I re-added it manually using eas.outlook.com and it has worked ever since. This was yesterday afternoon. I left my msa alone.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Same, I've missed a few emails today. What I did was the date trick. So adjust the year forward 100 years, force sync outlook until the triangle is gone and it'll look like it's just trying to retrieve emails, it's gonna get stuck there so close the app from multitask then change back to correct date and boom! Got my emails now.

Turns out the fix was to set it 'out of date' to fix 'out of date'. Ironic isn't it.

Maarten Langeveld

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I have tried to replace m.hotmail.com by eas.outlook.com as server a couple of times yesterday evening and this morning but that did not help. I will try it again, nevertheless. Will lekker. You know.

jmass76

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
I deleted my outlook.com email account. I noticed it was using m.hotmail.com. I re-added it manually using eas.outlook.com and it has worked ever since. This was yesterday afternoon. I left my msa alone.

Can you walk me through exactly how you did that? Mine isn't working either.

OkCalis

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Same, I've missed a few emails today. What I did was the date trick. So adjust the year forward 100 years, force sync outlook until the triangle is gone and it'll look like it's just trying to retrieve emails, it's gonna get stuck there so close the app from multitask then change back to correct date and boom! Got my emails now.

Turns out the fix was to set it 'out of date' to fix 'out of date'. Ironic isn't it.

That actually worked! Thanks.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Can you walk me through exactly how you did that? Mine isn't working either.

Setting->Accounts->Email & app accounts then I clicked my outlook.com account and touched Manage. Went to delete account and deleted it. Then back in Email & app accounts I tapped Add an account. Under advanced setup I touched Exchange ActiveSync. Added the credentials and for server I used eas.outlook.com. I do not have extra authentication enabled either (two-step) so that helped me to get this to work. not sure if two step or TFA would have issues adding it manually this way or not.

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Strange... Both my old Live and newer Outlook accounts have been on eas.outlook.com for a long time. Still, I couldn't access my emails until this morning, but it's now in fact working again all by itself.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Strange... Both my old Live and newer Outlook accounts have been on eas.outlook.com for a long time. Still, I couldn't access my emails until this morning, but it's now in fact working again all by itself.

ya I found that very odd. I had reset my phone last week. Prior to the reset my outlook/Microsoft account was using eas, but when I checked yesterday to troubleshoot the the out of sync issue I noticed it. I tried at first to add it back manually but that did nothing. For me at that time deleting the email account and adding back manually with the eas server worked...

womble_be

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
For me the problem resolved itself almost exactly 24 hours after it started.
I had exactly the problem described by others "account settings out of date" message and m.hotmail.com as server instead of eas.outlook.com. I had tried correcting the server name but immediately changed to the wrong one.
Then about 3 hours ago my phone went into a frenzy of new email notifications and everything was back to normal.
So hopefully it will fix itself for the rest of you.

CalmLight542

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
The date fix described by Travis worked for me on L950.

There was some work to be done even to get the "triangle" to appear at all, since the "settings out of date" message was appearing immediately after "Fix Account", and so the sync wasn't even started.
Once the year was set manually to 2117 in Date & Time settings, then on subsequent "fix account" attempt, the mail app produced the triangle. When the triangle was there, then I went to multi-tasking, closed the app, and re-set the date to 2017. Only then, it seems, did Sync work, as Travis had said - emails were back before the app had loaded properly.

Thanks for this Travis, this has resolved two hours of consternation, although this issue has probably wiped out the remnants of the Win 10 mobile users still hanging-on.

Note - this used m.outlook.com, as the account was of type "Outlook" not "Exchange".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills