04-28-2017 01:13 PM
- The word flow keyboard not only doesn't predict well, there's no learning like in Swype or Swiftkey, and it isn't as elegant (had to pick that word out) as the Microsoft Hub Keyboard available on Android and the other OS.
Sent from mTalk04-12-2017 08:28 AM
- 04-12-2017 10:58 AM
- Just noodling around, found this:
I wonder why they abandoned it. I can't type for $&#T on the Windows 10 keyboard. Which reminds me, do the two lines on the space bar indicate anything? I haven't been able to make it do any tricks or anything.04-12-2017 12:50 PM
WP8.1 was almost psychic whereas WP10 is borderline psychotic.
I find typing an incredibly frustrating experience, so I use the voice detection 99% of the time now which is actually incredibly good. Unless you don't have a data connection, of course, because for some stupid reason it demands that you're connected to the internet for voice recognition (Despite in one operating mode it working just FINE without a data connection, demonstrating that MS are forcing the connection requirement, rather than it actually being necessary.)
So very, very frustrating. I wish I could go back to 8.1.04-12-2017 01:28 PM
- The absolute worst is when it tries to put "It's" into the middle of a sentence when I want to type "its." How does a bug like that even get introduced? Why does it force me to use the wrong word grammatically? Why does it capitalize a word in the middle of the sentence? It's incredibly frustrating.
I have several wrong words in my dictionary and MS tells me to reset it if I want to get rid of it. But then I'll be missing all 1000+ words I added myself, since (at least in Dutch) the amount of words missing is huge. In Dutch a lot of words needs to be combined into one word. In English you have coffee and cup and a cup for coffee is a coffee cup. In Dutch we have koffie and kopje. So we drink a kopje koffie, but we drink it from a koffiekopje. There are thousands of similar things. We have things lik wallplug, flowerpot and so on. MS's dictionary does not know half of the possibilities of our language, but writing koffie kopje is as wrong in Dutch as writing coffeecup in English.04-12-2017 01:43 PMLike 2
- So as I was typing in this thread earlier, the perfect example came up. Just thought I would share, although everybody knows what I'm talking about already obviously. In what world would you type "upl" and then want any of the given suggestions? Maybe upload? uplift? Nope, that would be too easy.04-12-2017 02:10 PM
- Any word more than 5~6 letters long will simply not be recognized by swype in win 10 mobile keyboard for me anymore. 8.1 on my 1020 was fine with this sort of thing. Even with logic for prediction, I don't understand why it has to be so extremely horrible. I mean, its almost as if whatever I typed doesn't matter at all.04-13-2017 10:25 AM
- I thought it was only me... Although it has greatly improved over the initial builds, and has new features, the fluidity of flow has deteriorated. Lexicon is limited to coloquial terms. Also the sound cues that used to indicate "not finding a word" have been missing since the introduction of w10m. There is improvement but it had to start from where it was left off, not from scratch.04-14-2017 01:45 AM
- 04-19-2017 04:12 PM
- 04-27-2017 11:02 AM
- I was actually coming in to revisit this thread, and mention exactly "seems faster", lol. Predictions make way more sense, and it actually fixes when I hit 'a' instead of the shift arrow to capitalize. It doesn't capitalize the word, but it at least remove the "a" from the front of the word. It's almost bearable now, lol. Still not SwiftKey...
The complete horror of typing on my 950 is the only real issue I have with it (the terrible bluetooth controls are annoying but not a deal breaker). It's gotten bad enough for me to consider switching to an Android.
I don't get how it went from so good in 8.1 to so bad in 10. I have to type in at least 50% of the words I want letter by letter. Anything over 5 letters and wordflow will come up with some truly asinine suggestions. Anything under 4 letters and it will pick whatever random 2 letter word it feels like. The 4-5 letter words seem to be the "sweet spot" () where it will get 60-70% of them right.
I can deal with not having the couple of apps I want, but when one of the core functions of the phone is (and has been since day 1) broken, it makes me wonder what in the world MS is spending time on updating. It's becoming more and more clear that nobody working on W10M actually uses a Windows Phone, otherwise something like this would have been top priority.
It's so bad that when I upgraded my old 1020 from 8.1 to 10 on the fast ring, I was 100% confident it was a bug that would be fixed on the next insider update. Almost 2 years later and it hasn't improved at all.
I'm really looking for MS to give me any reason to stay. With what they focus on with the updates, it's almost like they are trying to push users away.04-27-2017 12:16 PM
- Exactly. Core functions just aren't there, and MS doesn't seem to care. Keyboard should be swiftkey (or at least an option), notifications should allow a repeat, vibration should be adjustable, Outlook calendar should allow multiple and custom reminder times, and navigation should run under lock screen. If these are fixed, I wouldn't care that apps aren't there. Fix these things, and the users and apps will follow.04-27-2017 01:30 PM
- Just for giggles, I've been using my 1020 for the past week, vs my 950. Aside from the 8.1 v 10, there is one thing that I've found the 1020 does far, far better than the 950; Swipe typing accuracy.
I've been using my 950 for almost two years, and since day 1, I've always thought that the typing wasn't as accurate as it should be. I chalked this up to user error. However, in the last week, using the 1020, I'm floored by just how much better the swipe-type (or whatever it's called) works! A simple 21-word sentence (no Pronouns, or oddities) on the 950 garnered 16 errors. The 1020? Zero. It got every word.
Is this an issue that has some sort of fix, of work-around? My hands are on the large-side, so I can't imagine it's a spacing issue. And I've been using this phone for almost two years, and it has always been poor.
In all honesty, the swiping accuracy on the 1020 (vs 950) is such a simple relief/joy, it's making it tough to re-activate the 950.
Cheers!04-27-2017 05:21 PM
Sorry, I will stop derailing the thread now, lol04-28-2017 07:24 AM
- Then there is an issue with my 950, and my 640 had the same flaw. Every time I locked the screen, and tried to unlock it, it failed to pick up where I left off. It would kick me out of navigation. I admittedly have not tried it again with the "Creators" update.
Sorry, I will stop derailing the thread now, lol04-28-2017 01:13 PM
- By rasputin01 in forum CortanaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-13-2017, 02:34 AM
- By l33twannabe in forum Windows 10Replies: 3Last Post: 04-05-2017, 03:34 PM
- By JuannyBooBoo in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2017, 03:16 PM
- By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-02-2017, 04:18 PM
- By ninja883 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2017, 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD