04-28-2017 01:13 PM
99 123 ...
tools
    Is it just me, or does predictive text on 10 mobile feel inferior to 8.1? Instead of suggestions based on what I've typed, it seems quite certain that I've mistyped and suggests words with completely different letters, right up until I only have one or two letters left. On a positive note, it is relearning my particular world, and now knows that Margarita Tuesday is a thing. However, it no longer suggests the poop emoji after I type "I have to..." That always made me smile.
    occamsmonkey and editguy like this.
    04-08-2017 10:13 AM
    Yep, it isn't as good as it was. It is slowly getting there but it still very much needs work.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-08-2017 08:46 PM
    they tried, and failed -obviously, inevitably- to improve it >worlds best touch kb< so go figure, this happened

apparently they cant roll it back either, Im sure they have seen the feedback, and if they used w10m at least for a while on TH1-2 they were very aware of the damage they've made
    omerfbingol likes this.
    04-08-2017 10:15 PM
    I've found it to have gone downhill as well. Not as good what it was half a year ago.
    04-08-2017 10:45 PM
    Just noodling around, found this:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...SOj3izKxFF3.97

I wonder why they abandoned it. I can't type for $&#T on the Windows 10 keyboard. Which reminds me, do the two lines on the space bar indicate anything? I haven't been able to make it do any tricks or anything.
    04-10-2017 04:11 PM
    Hold the spacebar down and you can slide the keyboard up and down.
    iSingBass likes this.
    04-10-2017 04:57 PM
    Well that's a pretty neat trick!
    iSingBass likes this.
    04-10-2017 05:03 PM
    Predictive texting is horrible compared to the WP8 days. I've got used to it for the most part. However, I will occasionally use my iPhone and get reminded of how horrid it actually is.

Remember, this is the by-product of an "all inclusive" OS. This is one of the many problems of adopting a PC OS into mobile hardware. Predictive text isn't nearly as necessary on PCs, tablets, or laptops as it is on mobile devices.
    editguy and Madam ImAdam like this.
    04-11-2017 09:34 AM
    It has undoubtedly changed for the worse. I definitely find myself having to change the selection more often and it's quite regular that the word I want isn't even in the suggestion list when obviously more obscure words are.
    editguy likes this.
    04-11-2017 09:37 AM
    I too have noticed this. WP used to praised for it's keyboard. WP8.1 was unmatched. But now...it sucks.
    EspHack and Madam ImAdam like this.
    04-11-2017 09:37 AM
    Is it just me, or does predictive text on 10 mobile feel inferior to 8.1? Instead of suggestions based on what I've typed, it seems quite certain that I've mistyped and suggests words with completely different letters, right up until I only have one or two letters left. On a positive note, it is relearning my particular world, and now knows that Margarita Tuesday is a thing. However, it no longer suggests the poop emoji after I type "I have to..." That always made me smile.
    Yes. It has gotten a lot worse. Even Swipe has gotten worse.
    editguy likes this.
    04-11-2017 09:39 AM
    absolutely is! This is one of the first things I noticed right away about win10 Mobile... was definitely a better, more accurate experience on older 8.1.
    04-11-2017 09:40 AM
    The more important question: Why has MS not yet ported SwiftKey to W10M?
    04-11-2017 09:54 AM
    me too: I really struggle with the Win 10 mobile keyboard with wordflow. It was really great in WP 8.1. I thought it is only related to the German keyboard but reading feedback here it seems it is for all languages?
    04-11-2017 09:55 AM
    thr thr thr thr thr thr KILL ME
    04-11-2017 09:56 AM
    Absolutely! I use WordFlow on ios. Both the prediction and swipe are horrendous! Though WordFlow due have great features. And yes I've sent many complaints not with no response!
    04-11-2017 09:57 AM
    I am only using it since I got the Lumia950 and I was a happy man back then. But during the last months it got worse. Where in the beginning windows gave a prediction of the word I was typing AND some logical next words already, it now suggest words that I never use, have nothing to do with what I am typing and most of all annoying: are full of crap.

For some reason my phone added OO as a word. It drives me mad. A word as 'on' gets written as OO in 95% of the time. You'll be amazed how many times you use on.

I recently bought an Android tablet since a lot of equipment really need Android or iOs to be able to remotely operate it. I installed Swype after years not having used that. Man, it felt like coming home. That's how it's done. When I switch from Dutch to English, Swype switches automatically with me without the need of choosing another language.
    DallasXanadu likes this.
    04-11-2017 09:58 AM
    it has gotten a lot worse from 8.1, it constantly tries to "correct" words that are spelled correctly to words that aren't even real. swipe sucks too. used to be able to swipe lol easily. now it insists I want the word loo
    04-11-2017 09:58 AM
    The absolute worst is when it tries to put "It's" into the middle of a sentence when I want to type "its." How does a bug like that even get introduced? Why does it force me to use the wrong word grammatically? Why does it capitalize a word in the middle of the sentence? It's incredibly frustrating.
    Madam ImAdam likes this.
    04-11-2017 10:01 AM
    yes. it's by far not as good as it used to be on 8.1
    04-11-2017 10:03 AM
    Yes Yes Yes and it can be irritating(I typed infuriating). And its failure(I tried to type faults but it entered takes 3 times) Most annoying to me are the little things like ti instead of to, when has anyone ever needed to type ti? And that stupid little cursor it's(I typed is) more trouble than it's worth(typing with often results in worth). 8.1 was the best predictive keyboard I've ever used on any OS. But the voice recognition young(I typed typing) has become much better than 8.1 and almost always more accurate than swype?? Yes, it's gotten worse but it's still better than the Samsung keyboard on my Note 4.
    04-11-2017 10:04 AM
    Yes! I am from Mexico and noticed this since the beginning. I thought it was an issue only with Spanish language and that would improve over time. But no, it still sucks compared to 8.1
    04-11-2017 10:07 AM
    Honestly this entire build feels like a step back to me. I'm really hoping for another significantly improved patch before final RTM for Mobile.
    04-11-2017 10:09 AM
    The clipboard of Windows 10 Mobile is really bad. Sometimes I did press the copy button multiple time after selecting a text. But it always pastes the previous item I copied earlier.
    04-11-2017 10:09 AM
    lol.... yesterday I tried putting in the word "hotels" in a message, and swipe keyboard kept putting in "girls". It made the message rather awkward!
    DallasXanadu likes this.
    04-11-2017 10:10 AM
99 123 ...