Extension numbers

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to add an extension number to a contact's work number! It would be nice if it could be automatically dialed after a brief delay...
In the old days, with feature phones, I was able to add pauses (ppp) then the ext...how should I do this now?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to add an extension number to a contact's work number! It would be nice if it could be automatically dialed after a brief delay...
In the old days, with feature phones, I was able to add pauses (ppp) then the ext...how should I do this now?

I believe you can put an extension in as part of the phone number in the contact. Add a few commas between the main number and the extension. The comma pauses the transmission of the tones for the autoattendant to begin then the extension will be transmitted. You can also add # if necessary and pin numbers if calling into your voicemail for example.

Try it out and report back?

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks,
Sorry, but I can't see how to enter commas or letters with the dial screen. ....
I seem to only be able to enter numbers, #, . , or space.
Adding the # then the ext does nothing.....

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,
I found out how to enter a comma.....hold the period until other choices appear- ; , ( ) X .
Choose a couple of commas then the extension!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999