WDRT and Insider builds

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't normally use the WDRT, but I am on my secondary device -- a Lumia 950XL. Will going back to the latest official OS via WDRT automatically take me out of Windows Insider builds unless I re-enroll? I want to stick on production for a while.

Thanks!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't normally use the WDRT, but I am on my secondary device -- a Lumia 950XL. Will going back to the latest official OS via WDRT automatically take me out of Windows Insider builds unless I re-enroll? I want to stick on production for a while.

Thanks!
If I'm not mistaken, it should remove you from it.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
What @libra89 said. If you perform WDRT, your phone would reset completely to the WDRT builds (pre-AU, if I'm not mistaken) and you would have to set up your phone as if it was the first time you took it out from the box. After finishing the OBBE procedure, your phone would update to the latest RTM/official build. If you want to get back to Insider builds, you'd have to do that via Settings -> Windows Insider Programme.

So, to simply answer your question, your phone would not be receiving Insider builds after WDRT (or a Hard Reset).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss