Maps app quits navigation after switching off screen

Yiannis_P

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Used to work OK on lumia 640 before the last update. This is a disaster especially for people that only need audio instructions. Forces us to always keep screen on draining battery. For example when walking and need navigation through headphones, this makes the app completely useless.

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
any update on this issue. happens on my 950xl as well. tried to make sure maps was allowed to run in the background but i was not shown in the list of backgroud available apps.

Darren Lay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I created a post about this last week. Hopefully we can bring it to Microsoft's attention. Not sure why this isn't a bigger issue for more people. Perhaps this is a bug that only affect some?

Yiannis_P

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
At first I thought it was a memory issue for older phones like mine with only 1GB but then your 950XL shouldn't have a problem. So it's clearly a bug. I hope they are going to fix it on the next update.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Yep, seems to be fixed. You still have to switch off the screen lock during driving unless you have a partner who can do it for you.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I had mixed results yesterday testing it when going round to my parents'. It didn't work on the way there; after bringing up the route I started the voice navigation, locked the phone but heard no directions. Upon arrival I unlocked the phone and it appeared to have lost its route.

On the way back it was successful. I did exactly the same - pulled up the directions to my house, pressed Go to start navigation, left the app open but locked the phone and heard voice direction throughout the journey home.

L950 build 15228.

Sent from mTalk

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
When I lock the screen, I get an action center notification, Tap to resume navigation. I'm fine with audio only prompting especially if going straight for long distances!

Yiannis_P

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately the problem is still there but not always.
I think it depends on how many tasks were running before launching maps.
So after restarting the device, audio navigation works as it should. Really annoying though.
This feature is so important, every other task should be killed and keep maps on foreground fully utilizing memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen