What does Microsoft need to do to bring you back to Windows Mobile?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Quite the question huh? So - what does Microsoft need to do to bring you back to Windows Mobile? Or, if you're still using Windows Mobile, what would you tell others to bring them back into the fold?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Make it a choice people talk about in general. Although, to be fair, I do have a windows phone (still). I was in a shop recently and I was looking for some stylusses I could try. The shop assistent took out his phone, and it looked like a Samsung Note (it wasn't, though, although it was a Samsung), and the shop assistent tried to convince me that "the next windows phone will be android". When I pointed out that "Windows" is an OS - from Microsoft, he went "You know what I mean, the next Microsoft phone will be Android".

And they had the Lumia 950XL on display.

If it's not on "people's" mind, idiotic shop assistants will continue to spout nonsense like that. And people (like my GF) are done with Windows phones (she misses some apps). I don't really miss any apps, and I really like Windows mobile. For her, she's not interested in iPhones or anything Apple (nor am I. Been an Apple user for two decades before I switched 5 years or so ago). That leaves Google phones. Frigging Android phones with lacking security and severely tied into google services (which I also dislike with a vengeance).

I would tell would-be windows phone users to wait a while, not listen to shop assistents, and show them how my phone works. Even the "app screen" is superior to iPhones and Android phones. I so like the start screen, and it's an easy "sell", so to speak.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung dedication can they do that ? Samsung spent billions of dollars on their smartphones can Microsoft do that ? i don't think so their money spent on azure that's their future, not windows mobile or xbox or surface its the cloud. they lost the consumers and i don't think they can do anything to change it, keep focusing on your enterprise work MS thats where you belong

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Nvm. I found the rumour. I'm not sure they're talking about "Windows Mobile". I think the pseudo nihilistic viewpoints from those people are wrong. I'm pretty sure it means Lumia is dead. That's it, I think.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Nvm. I found the rumour. I'm not sure they're talking about "Windows Mobile". I think the pseudo nihilistic viewpoints from those people are wrong. I'm pretty sure it means Lumia is dead. That's it, I think.
Maybe,why they kill Lumia brand.lumia is more popular than surface in many countries.

Sent from mTalk

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Two basic things -

Talk about the future of mobile, show some enthusiasm for it

New lines of mid range and budget phones, flag ships are not the be all. Ain't no way I can buy a elite x3 or any other high end phone outside of a contract, no wp contacts here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3