Zombie phones....

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I'm hearing a lot of windows phone is dead stuff, and I totally get the argument, hard not to, I think a lot of us are hoping it lives on in these cellular pcs that are coming at some point.

I'm curious about something, last night whilst out with some friends they were chatting about work phones, both of them mentioned, one in oil sector and one in the local council that their companies are now using windows phones as buisness phones. As this is a renewed focus for those companies I wondered, what's going on? Companies surely are not investing in a dead platform? Is there stuff going on we are not hearing about or are these companies being played and getting dead end hardware?

Any ideas?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I'm hearing a lot of windows phone is dead stuff, and I totally get the argument, hard not to, I think a lot of us are hoping it lives on in these cellular pcs that are coming at some point.

I'm curious about something, last night whilst out with some friends they were chatting about work phones, both of them mentioned, one in oil sector and one in the local council that their companies are now using windows phones as buisness phones. As this is a renewed focus for those companies I wondered, what's going on? Companies surely are not investing in a dead platform? Is there stuff going on we are not hearing about or are these companies being played and getting dead end hardware?

Any ideas?

Where are you located? It would best to ask them but as a business phone, especially if using other Windows devices, it makes sense for compatibility.
Either way its good news and thanks for sharing!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Where are you located? It would best to ask them but as a business phone, especially if using other Windows devices, it makes sense for compatibility.
Either way its good news and thanks for sharing!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
I'm in the uk, for a council region to buy in is quite a big deal as local councils here employ lots of people. For the oil companies to be doing so is more significant I feel, for they would surely be checking in their it departments about whether the products are secure, supported etc, and they are buying them.

Seems peculiar this is happening with a platform that is supposedly gone by June.

I wouldn't say this is a reason for great hope however it is rather curious. The hope for me is what Wiley fox may release later in the year as their windows phone, I messaged them about it, they wouldn't confirm it is happening but the fact their director is quoted as releasing it is a fair confirmation.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa