Barclays Mobile App may be broken by Creative Update

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Receive update last night on my W10M Lumia 640 LTE, apart from screwing up the browser font size (with no way to adjust without screwing up the start screen size) it seemed just as before. That was until I tried to open my Barclays Bank app and got a "this app does not work on Jail Broken phones, re-install the OS from factory settings! So this once primary app on my Windows Phone is now broken, thanks MSFT. I did speak to Barclays and have been told they are working to fix this but I remain unconvinced.
The only other difference I can see is a couple of new apps I don't need.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok so is this really a MS problem where they need to rework part of the OS to accommodate an app that can be updated itself to fix the issue? Really? You need to bang on Barclays and not MS, seriously. This misguided anger/entitlement is really tiresome.

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
We've noticed that the latest Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update does not allow you to log onto our Mobile Banking app or Pingit. Please don't worry as our teams are working to fix this. We'll post regular updates on the Microsoft Store (search for our app). We'll be back in touch when sorted. Your Barclays Team

MarkRae

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I updated the app through Downloads and updates but, although it no longer says the phone is jailbroken, it still won't launch properly. I enter my five-digit passcode and it shuts down immediately. I've rebooted the device. Is there anything else I need to do to get it to work...?

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes it works now with banking app. It would be nice to see Pingit fixed as well...
Originally posted by Martin Zone
We've noticed that the latest Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update does not allow you to log onto our Mobile Banking app or Pingit. Please don't worry as our teams are working to fix this. We'll post regular updates on the Microsoft Store (search for our app). We'll be back in touch when sorted. Your Barclays Team

aelking

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I just had an update to Barclays, and it appears they have updated this and it now works with the Creators Update.
Fantastic new for Barclays, my bank is brilliant :)

wipeout2185

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I spoke to Barclays the other day and they said a fix was in the works, I took that with a grain of salt but I'm glad to have been wrong all seems to be up and running again.

TV3

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Pingit is on it's way out, as it is a Barclays app I wonder how long before the banking app itself gets the same treatment?

"From 23 January 2018, Pingit will no longer be supported on Windows phones. We're sorry, we had to make this difficult decision because we can no longer provide the best version of our app for these devices. You can still use your Barclays account on our mobile banking app and in Online Banking."

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Pingit is on it's way out, as it is a Barclays app I wonder how long before the banking app itself gets the same treatment?

"From 23 January 2018, Pingit will no longer be supported on Windows phones. We're sorry, we had to make this difficult decision because we can no longer provide the best version of our app for these devices. You can still use your Barclays account on our mobile banking app and in Online Banking."

No longer being supported and no longer working are 2 different things.

I will keep using it until it stops working. I am due a phone upgrade in December anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett