Can't Set data limit after Creators update on Lumia 640

John Palmer2

May 5, 2017
Visit site
Since the Creators Update all of the settings in Set limit in Mobile Data Usage are greyed out and can't be used. I can see how much data I've used in the past 30 days but not since my Monthly reset date.

wyerichard

May 18, 2017
Visit site
Same for me on my lumia 640 LTE, can't set limits on data plan even though I was using this option before the update. Also cannot reset wi-fi data usage, number just keeps growing.. In reply to earlier post taking the battery out and putting it back had no effect.

Last edited:

mihaiheler

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
The only solution for me was to replace the SIM card with a new one (same phone number o new SIM card). You can ask your mobile operator for a SIM replacement. Depending on you subscription it may be free or 1-2 euro.

wyerichard

May 18, 2017
Visit site
The only solution for me was to replace the SIM card with a new one (same phone number o new SIM card). You can ask your mobile operator for a SIM replacement. Depending on you subscription it may be free or 1-2 euro.

I have a 640lte with same issues. I just bought a 950 and moved the simm card over to that, after cutting it to fit, and after being asked if I was on pre or post paid the phone rebooted and I was able to set data limits. Same software on both phones. I can't test my theory but l would try taking simm card out, boot up phone without it, switch off, put simm card back in and see if that activates the data limit screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte