Bugs since Creators Update

Michael Hava

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one that experiences way more bugs then before the Creators Update?

From the top of my head:
  • Glance Screen no longer gets updated while charging
  • Bluetooth is a mess, stuttering while playing music (seems like packet loss or uninitialized memory), unable to reconnect without rebooting
  • When opening a new Edge the first website gets locked up - zoomed correctly, interactions are not possible -, the tab must be closed => a new tab then works...

Running 10.0.15063.297 on a Lumia 950XL...

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Can't open WhatsApp messenger at all, even after a HARD RESET TWICE, WhatsApp messenger App breaking bug rendering it useless TOTALLY.

- Lumia 640 XL DS (10.0.15063.297)

Ali Raza Shafi

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
dabb4ac0e5987237bb73f04945c58246.png
i cant use my app brilli galery lock. dont know what happend it was working fine but then this happened. cant open it. amd cant delete it either because it would delete all my files too which cant be retrieved. anyone know how to resolve this issue?

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Creator's Update is garbage. I had lots of freezing issues. I did a restore to factory, then updated to RS2. But then my phone auto-updated back to Creator's Update while I slept!!!

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
No. I haven't had any of these problems. Sorry to hear that you have. It may be device specific or some kind of error on installation that does not affect every device.

onetwright

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth connection to my Garmin smartwatch became very unstable and would not connect correctly. I also rolled back using the device recovery software, but it re-updated automatically overnight. So, I rolled back again, then changed the update installation timing to tomorrow. I hope tomorrow I can go in and delay another day. I'll just make it a daily task to do if I have to. I don't want CU!

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm on a 950xl.

I have had a high frequency of not receiving phone calls. Phone never rings but I will get voicemails out of nowhere.
My wife will tell me she has been trying to call all day like yesterday she said she called from 1pm - 5pm.
First time my phone rang from her was 5:20pm.
And I was sitting at my work desk almost the entire time.

Fast battery drain, especially if I play a game or watch a video.

Alarm failed to go off one time, and then another time it went off at 5:45 am for no reason.

(this started before creators but is still here) Maps and navigation no longer work unless screen stays on. If the screen goes off I get the "Tap to resume navigation" message.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Take any bug that was reported and not fixed when they branched this garbage release off or RS2. I bet 80% of those bugs are still here. MSFT sucks at code maintenance!

Battery drain when charged in a car is horrible. Take an 8 hour drive, and Waze will drain your battery fully even when plugged in.

Edge is garbage now, white screens, slow, locking up...

Screen shots save to lala land, WTF!

Resuming...Resuming...Resuming... What is this Android!

Glance is garbage, doesn't refresh

This just sold me fate of moving on to CrapDroid....Sad days from a 30 + year MSFT ******!

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Only issue I have is that when playing games there may be a slow down from time to time. It's rare in most games but always happens in wordament which isn't a hardcore gpu/cpu intensive game. It's also always at the end when the timer has almost finished.

As far as people having issues with edge. I would go into the tabs section and see how many tabs you have open. They changed the behaviour again where hitting back leaves the tab open instead of closing it. While my 950xl can handle them being open, I could see maybe it causes issues for others.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
As far as people having issues with edge. I would go into the tabs section and see how many tabs you have open. They changed the behaviour again where hitting back leaves the tab open instead of closing it. While my 950xl can handle them being open, I could see maybe it causes issues for others.

The freezing problem happens on cold start (fresh launch and not resume) with only default 1 tab opening the homepage.
On the same tab, when we open a new page (either entering a URL or pressing on a bookmark) , the page is unresponsive (its not website specific).

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Take any bug that was reported and not fixed when they branched this garbage release off or RS2. I bet 80% of those bugs are still here. MSFT sucks at code maintenance!

Battery drain when charged in a car is horrible. Take an 8 hour drive, and Waze will drain your battery fully even when plugged in.

Edge is garbage now, white screens, slow, locking up...

Screen shots save to lala land, WTF!

Resuming...Resuming...Resuming... What is this Android!

Glance is garbage, doesn't refresh

This just sold me fate of moving on to CrapDroid....Sad days from a 30 + year MSFT ******!

Amen, moved to Android 3 months back becäuse of this ****, Microsoft is a bad omen when it comes to mobile.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm on a 950xl.

I have had a high frequency of not receiving phone calls. Phone never rings but I will get voicemails out of nowhere.
My wife will tell me she has been trying to call all day like yesterday she said she called from 1pm - 5pm.
First time my phone rang from her was 5:20pm.
And I was sitting at my work desk almost the entire time.

Fast battery drain, especially if I play a game or watch a video.

Alarm failed to go off one time, and then another time it went off at 5:45 am for no reason.

(this started before creators but is still here) Maps and navigation no longer work unless screen stays on. If the screen goes off I get the "Tap to resume navigation" message.

Yep, missing calls seems to be an issue for me as well. Amazing, the most BASIC FUNCTION of a phone is jacked up. I mean seriously. Seriously!

Micah Brodsky

May 18, 2017
Visit site
Lumia 640 -- Edge does not open at all (immediately closes). Offline maps no longer work. Press-and-hold on the Wifi tile no longer brings up wifi settings. God only knows what else.

I'm gonna try a hard reset soon.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 640 -- Edge does not open at all (immediately closes). Offline maps no longer work. Press-and-hold on the Wifi tile no longer brings up wifi settings. God only knows what else.

I'm gonna try a hard reset soon.

Edge- offline maps, Press-and-hold on wifi tile (didnt know you could do this thanks for the tip 😃
) all work on my 950xl on CU. Only problem since upgrade is when I change to flight mode I cant toggle on Bluetooth tile immediately in action center, but it works if I wait a few seconds and try again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb